I went back on Friday, August 24th and my blood pressure was raised and my protein levels were still high. They told me this was the start of pre-clampsia. They were debating what to do with me. They were concerned if I went through the weekend I could have more complications. They sent me home telling me to get my things in order and they will call me with what we need to do. Not even 5 minutes later as I was driving down the road, I got a call from the nurse. It was around 2:00 pm. She told me to stop all liquids and food and prepare to be induced that night. I needed to get packed, get my kids packed and sent to grandmas house as I would be delivering this baby tonight. I called Brett to tell him he needed to consider coming home as we had a lot to do in a few hours. He was speechless. I don't think he had planned on having a baby later that day when he had woke up. He was worried as he told me later. He was annoyed that I was rushing around, busy, and not worried. I was nervous. I wanted everything to be okay. I knew the Dr.s were take precautions before things got worse, but I couldn't also help being excited. I finally get to meet this sweet little angel who had been growing inside me for the last 9 months.
I had Brett snap a picture before we left just cause I like that one last before picture... I really shouldn't, I look back and realize how swollen I really was! We dropped the boys off at Nancy and LaMonte's house for a sleepover. We wished LaMonte a Happy Birthday as we would be missing his party and then went to the hospital. They wanted us there at 7 pm so we could get checked in and settled. I had to change my hospital and Dr half way through my pregnancy due to our new insurance. We delivered at Timpanogos Hospital in Orem. The hospital prep took forever. We got asked the same questions a million times, met different nurses, watched them struggle with my bed that wouldn't move, and then met the anesthesiologist. It was a long 2 hour wait! It was nice being there with Brett. He is very calming to me, especially when I don't realize I'm nervous. We had a good time just him and I sitting in the room just before we met our new baby. Then I was told Dr Aagard and Dr Bean were getting ready for surgery and it was time for "the cut." (Yes, they actually call it that! All night they kept talking about "the cut" common people, lets think of better bedside manner!!! I'm a person not a piece of meat your cutting into!)
I left Brett to get dressed in his "onezie blue outfit" (which he was advised to keep clothes on... its very see-through and some men in the past have made that mistake!) They had me walk down the hall into the operating room. I saw Dr. Bean in the hall. He gave me a friendly smile. I laughed and told him we were a week early. He's so sweet and yelled back, "there's no better time to have a baby!" I'm so glad he was there. He is a great Dr. As I walked into the operating room, all I could think was I wish they had given me slippers. The floor was sticky. Ewww. I don't want to know why it was sticky and dirty looking, but I really didn't want to catch some disease. I was more then happy to jump up on the operating table (which I'm assuming was clean) and off the floor! Time moves very slow when you know you are being prepped and numbed. They almost started without Brett until a nurse reminded them "dad" wasn't in the room! Ah! I can't even imagine. I was so grateful when he walked in. I needed him there. It really doesn't take that much time to get cut open and pulled apart, but it's very nerve wracking. The atmosphere in the room changes when they baby is almost born. Nurses start moving into position, Dr.s stop talking about whatever random thing they were talking about, and the anesthesiologist starts checking my vitals. My nerves are greater as I wait to see my sweet baby. Then the silence in the room is cut with the sound of a beautiful new born baby cry. I still tear up thinking about it. I did then too. It's hard to see through my tears as they grab the baby and slowly rush him past me. I get a quick glance - lots of dark hair and he is coated in white! Never have I had a baby so covered before. The anesthesiologist got teeny tiny pieces of gauze to dap my eyes. He told me, "it was the smallest tissue I would ever use." The baby had the cord wrapped around his neck two times (another reason I'm grateful he came early!) After that I don't care what happens with the Drs. I just want them to finish up. I'll I wanted to know was, is my baby breathing? Is he okay? They started to wipe him off and then they yelled out how much he weighed, "he's 5 lbs 14 oz" WHAT? did I hear that right? Isaac was 8 lbs, 8 oz, Dax was 7 lbs 2 oz... are we sure we have the right baby? 5 lbs 14 oz??!! My babies are shrinking in size! He was so tiny!!!! Never did I imagine he would be so little.
Then they did something I had never experienced before. They wrapped up my baby and came and laid him right next to me. I had my arm around him. It was the closest I had ever had to holding my new born baby right after they were born. Usually they hold him up so I can see him... but no. He was laying on my pillow, right next to my cheek. He instantly stopped crying. He knew me. He was looking at me with his big beautiful dark eyes. He had soft sweet skin, a tiny little head, and a lot of dark hair. I was in love. I loved holding his little finger, stroking his little cheek. I really didn't want them to take him. That was the sweetest moment and I'm so glad I had that experience. They weren't in a hurry to take him until I told them they had to move him cause I was sick - stupid medicine. Throwing up's the worst when all your stomach guts are spread all over the operating table!
They finished stitching me up and in no time I was down in the room where he was getting his first bath. I had never seen my babies get bathed before! I wish I could say I remember it, but I was pretty loopy.
I don't remember him crying a lot during his bath. I think he liked the warm water. It was around midnight when I looked up at the clock. Everyone was exhausted. But he was finally here! My new baby boy. He didn't have a name yet. We couldn't decide between Brody or Tanner. (Or for that matter any of our other millions of names!) After a very long night of the nurses calling him "Baby Boy Dansie" all night long, I told Brett he couldn't leave until we had a name. Tanner is what we settled on. He looked like a Tanner. Plus, Daxton had called him Tanner weeks before and I loved how he said his name! We used "Milt" as the middle name, after my Grandpa Milt (my mom's dad) who passed away last year. He was very dear to my heart. Tanner also had a tiny head, which is so opposite from my other two boys. This was fitting because my Grandpa's head was always very little! Tanner was also was named after Brett's Grandpa Milt. (Nancy's dad who passed away when Brett was a teenager.) It was very fitting for both of us an an honor to use their name.
Welcome to the world:
Tanner Milt Dansie
5 lbs. 14 oz. 19 1/2 inches long
Born at 9:42 pm at Timpanogos Hospital
I had never brought clothes for my baby to wear in the hospital before, but this time I did and it was so fun to dress him! All he could fit into was a newborn onezie and even that was a little baggie on him.
I love my 3rd little addition to the family!
He was really tall. He had long hands and long feet! I got such a kick out of it. Here he is, this tiny little baby, yet he's still so big in other ways.
He was perfect and I was excited for his brother's to meet him.
I absolutely love watching Brett in the hospital with new babies. When he holds his new sweet babies he looks very much in love with them.Brett was burping him for me and I had to laugh cause Tanner looks so teeny tiny next to him!
Tanner, I'm so glad to be your mom. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father as trusted me with another one of his beautiful children. You are a little ray of sunshine and have brought so much warmth into our home. I hope to be the best mom you could ask for. I love you. Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment