Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Isaac's First day of 1st Grade!!!

I can't believe my first born is a first grader!!! He has been so excited to go to all day school mostly because he wanted to take school lunch. We got his new Batman lunch box all packed up and he was thrilled. He also wants to take school lunch so he's looking forward to his first pizza day he gets to see if he likes it or not. (He did inform me when he got home the cheese bread sticks looked delicious today and he thinks he would like to take that sometime!)
Isaac was up so early today. He is a "later gator" and doesn't go to school until around 9 o'clock. Brett was making breakfast this morning and Isaac snuck up behind him in the kitchen. He was fully dressed and ready for school. I heard him brushing his teeth so I got up to see what was going on. It was 6:30 AM!!! He still had a good 2 1/2 hours before school started!!! Glad he was excited... I'm  doubting that will last though.

As I was getting ready he came in and said, "mom, I peeked into my lunch box and I saw the note you wrote me!!" He's so cute. He told me he was going to check for another note tomorrow.
I saw this Pinterest idea... I snapped a picture with a 1st grade sign. It says, "When I grow up I want to be a COP!" Thought it was a cute idea and am curious for what he will say he wants to be every year.
Isaac has been dying to wear his new orange and gray shoes, new pants and Tony Hawk shirt. For the past 2 weeks he's been begging me to wear them. Maybe that's why he woke up so early!

Finally after watching a couple of shows, giving Rosco water, picking my vegetables, and waking up his brother to get him ready... it was time to go to school. He went down and picked up his friends and it was so cute to watch them race up the hill on their scooters. My neighbor, Paul is the new crossing guard. I like when my kids know who the crossing guard is!
Isaac seemed confident and ready to go. He locked up his scooter and walked up to the school and didn't look back. My kid is so big! I was proud of me, I didn't even cry!
I think he was going to miss Dax though. I know Dax missed him. He was sad to see him go. Dax wanted his backpack and to go to school too. Isaac hugged him for a while before he left.
When Isaac got home he was happy as a clam. He loved his first day. His favorite part was lunch. He had to tell me he ate all of his apples, 1/2 of his sandwich and didn't get to finish all of his rice krispie treat cause the 3rd graders were coming in. So he finished off his lunch while he told me about his day. Apparently, there were two kids who didn't finish their milk or their juice and it spilled all over in their lunch boxes. "Can you believe that mom?! Mrs. Rhouo said we have to throw our drinks away if we don't drink them!" He also got 3 recess, which was so cool. And he had to tell me all about how the early birds and the later gators worked. I could have listened to him talk all day!

I pretty much heard stories such as that one. He did tell me he made 2 new friends. He walked up to them and introduced himself and asked if they wanted to be his friend. I'm so proud of him. Last night, for family night we had talked about safety and what he could do at school to feel comfortable. He said, "I was thinking about how I could make new friends and what I could say." Brett was shocked and surprised. He told me he was so my kid. Isaac is very nurturing. He takes time to think of others. I love that about him. I was happy he made some new friends today. Sounds like the first day was a success!

1 comment:

Shaylah said...

Phew, I finally made it through all your new posts! You have inspired me, maybe one day I'll get around to getting mine all caught up! Love you and can't wait to hear about #3! We are thinking of you all!