Sunday, August 26, 2012

Meeting the Family

Our first day in the hospital was filled with tons of visitors! Our families were all so excited to meet Tanner. Grandma Dansie and Grandpa LaMonte were so excited to hold him. Tanner is their 10th grand-baby!!!
Liz and Casey came. They brought their kids. I was surprised how much Josh liked meeting his new little cousin. They are waiting on their own little baby... coming at the beginning of February.
Acacia loves seeing new babies.
Rachel, Gordon and Zander came.
 You met your BFF, Kazden. He was born 2 months before you. I can't believe how tiny he looked next to him!
Then Kazden tried to eat Tanner. Rachel freaked out and went to crab him, I took a picture. I'm so excited they get to grow up with each other.
Aunt Aleesha came... be nice, she brings books! She was so sweet to stay with my the rest of the night. She was great company and I loved having her there with me.
It was such a long day. I had barley slept. Brett went home with the boys and I stayed the night in the hospital. I have to say, I didn't love my night nurses that night. They didn't bring me my pain pills and I was super tired and in a lot of pain by morning... not my finest moment. It was a rough day, and Brett put up with a lot rushing out the door with the kids to be with me early in the moring.  It was nice to see my kids. Isaac was so cute with Tanner.
That night I was happy to have more family and friends surrounding me. My friend Tania came. I'm so sad I didn't get her picture with Tanner. Then Aunt Emilee came. She just had her 4th baby, Jasmine earlier in the year so it was really fun just sitting and talking with her.
Late at night, my Mom, Dad and sister Kenzi came. This is the first time my moms been able to come to see me in the hospital after having a baby. I was so excited! It was so fun having her there.
 Aunt Kenzi fell in love with Tanner... who wouldn't?! She adores all of her nieces and nephews.
My dad held him for a while.  
 I think he liked him! 
 Tanner was very alert and it was fun to see his little eyes!
My mom held him. She said he was the perfect size for her to hold! Not heavy at all.
 Grandma Linda and Grandpa Dale with Baby Tanner.
Kenzi knows just how to cheer a girl up!!! She brought some white nail-polish and with a toothpick she painted a flower on my swollen toes. She's so sweet!!! The nurse laughed when she came in and was impressed I was getting pampered in the middle of the hospital.
Rachel was already planning on coming that night to be with me.  Liz was on her way back from a quick trip from Delta. She made Casey come home the other way and drop her off at the Hospital. She didn't want to miss the party!! You can see the clock on the wall... 10 pm. That's my family and I love them for it. My room was filled with a lot of laughter that night. It really is the best medicine! My family really knows how to make me feel special.
Rach, Liz, and Kenz stayed with me for a long time. It was nice having them there. It made me feel better after such a long terrible night. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful sisters!
My parents had given me a couple of wubanub's. What are they? They are mine and Rachel's favorite binkis!!! It's this little animal attached to a binki. I have a green frog and a blue bear. They are so darling.
 Heres Liz holding my cute little peanut. I love these pictures, he's so little in them!!!
Rach and Liz stayed till around midnight, helped me get ready for bed and dress Tanner in his pajamas.
I had a much better night and slept like a dream. I was excited when I woke up and ready to face the day... and super excited to be going home!

No comments: