Monday, August 27, 2012

Bringing Home Tanner

Monday morning, I woke up to this sweet little baby and I was really excited to take him home! I was hoping his brothers would love him and be sweet with him.
It felt nice to get all showered and ready to go. My little Tanner was so tiny his pants I brought him to wear fell right off of him!
Isaac was at school so just Brett and Dax came to get us. Brett held the baby while Daxton came and laid by me.
He really just wanted to eat my food. I'm glad. It was nice just giving him attention. I know things had been a little different for him.
 Time to go! We stuck Tanner in his car seat... he was so bitty in it!!!!
We got home and Isaac had made me lots of beautiful welcome home signs for me!! It was really sweet of him. Brett said Isaac wanted to be helpful so he had organized my make up drawer for me. He's such a sweet boy.
 When Isaac got home from school he was really anxious to see his new baby brother.
 Daxton was less anxious. He was pretty happy playing with trains.
Isaac was so sweet, he didn't want to let him go. I came back out a while later and he was snuggled up with Tanner on the couch.
 Daxton eventually warmed up. He would get curious and go peek at him in the bassinet.

He was sleeping so peacefully! Too bad he didn't last long sleeping in the bassinet. Tanner got used to noise real quick (how could you not with two rowdy brothers?!) But a week after he was born if Brett and I walked into our room or started talking it would wake him up. We ended up moving him into his crib, which drove me crazy not having him next to me. But we all slept better.
Daxton now loves Tanner. It didn't take him long. It actually helped him grow up real quick. He realized he wasn't the baby and after a long year of potty training... just like that, Dax decided he wouldn't have any more accidents. YAY!!!! What a blessing cause I know that could have backfired.
He's really sweet with his little brother. Dax loves to point out that Tanner has such little ears, little eyes, a little nose, and little fingers. Sadly he has to poke at him when he says so, we've tried to teach him to be gentle and not poke out his eyes. If Tanner would cry Dax came running! He would try and shove the binki in his mouth... he's learning Tanner will start sucking on it and he doesn't need to force it into his mouth.
Tanner has been a really good baby. He learned how to eat quick, just like his brothers. His first month he would wake up every 2 to 3 hours. It was pretty tiring. But he caught on really fast and like his mom, he's enjoying sleep! We all are.

No comments: