Friday, November 2, 2012

Isaac Isms

Isaac is growing up so fast. I really can't believe it myself. He still loves art! He is taking an art class from my neighbor right now and he loves it. He came home the first day with a portfolio to put all of his art work in. He's learned amazing drawing techniques and he has painted two pictures on canvases. A bird and a castle. This is a chalk art drawing of the world.
He is a big tease. He loves to tease his dad. He loves to tease me. (I need to learn to take a joke better if I'm going to live with all these boys!) He really likes to tease Daxton. He is a boy through and through. He loves to rough house. Loves sports. He's very creative. He makes all kinds of creations out of paper, random products around the house, and this year he tried to grow an apple tree in my kitchen.
Isaac has a big heart. He loves his brothers. He takes Daxton under his wing and really takes such good care of him. Despite their teasing and torturing at times... he can calm Dax down better then anyone. He has such a sweet way of speaking. If they go up the street to play, Isaac takes Dax and they walk together up the street, hand in hand. I tell you what, that's enough to melt a mother's heart like ice-cream on a hot Summers day! He still giggles like crazy. I really love the sound of him and Dax giggling. Music to my ears! The boys love sharing a room together. I have found they have a hard time sleeping without the other one. One night they went to bed at their Aunt Liz's house. They had to put Dax in another room to calm him down so he would sleep. Isaac told me the next day how upset he was. He missed Dax and wanted to be near him. He loves his little brother. He teaches him so much. Dax wants to be just like Isaac and honestly, I couldn't think of a better person to be like!

Isaac loves Tanner. I had no idea how he would respond to having a baby around. He comes home from school and wants to hold him. He loves playing peek a boo with him. He is such a big help to me. He will hold him and take care of him while I get something done. He runs so fast to get burp clothes, binki, or anything else I need.
Isaac thinks he doesn't get tired... he's like his mom that way. He can honestly keep himself up for a good long while. But like all kids, life catches up with you and you crash! I had to laugh when I found him asleep upside down in my recliner.
Isaac is a terrific student! Just tonight I got an email from his teacher. Isaac has missed school because he had been sick. His teacher, Mrs. Ruoho missed him. She said he is such a great kid! That he's a real sweetheart and she loves having him in her class. I believe it. He really is a good kid.
 Isaac is doing great at reading. He's passed the level he is suppose to be on. He loves reading chapter books like Junie B. Jones.  He's great at Math, loves Science, Writing, PE, Music, Art, recess... really the kids loves it all. His teacher had nothing but good things to say at parent teacher conference. Often you can find him making a book during free time. He's so determined to make creations and get them done. Isaac loves school lunch. He's so willing to try new things. He has gained an appetite this year! It makes me wonder how I will ever feed 3 boys?!  I know I can be hard on him and expect a lot, but he is a gem. I don't know what I would do without him. Love you Isaac.

No comments: