In school they wrote a paper on first graders. His answers were so cute. He said: First Graders can: draw, (can't remember what that cute spelling is!), and read. First Graders have: talent, desk, and lunch. First Graders are: awesome, big, and smart.
For a while he was spending all of his free time making books. His teacher really encourages them to write and he loved turning everything into a story. These were two of my favorites. I love the spelling and I love that these are his own stories he made up. This story is called, "My Haws." (My House.)
(Read the story left to right.)
This is a litl haws. (little house) This is a big haws. (big house) This is a meteim haws. (medium house) This is a lit haws. (little house.) This is a famale haws. (family house.) Tis is a tet. (this is a tent) This is a famele haws. (family house)Can I just say, the two family houses made me smile and touched my heart. I thought it was so cute.
This second story is Isaac's Halloween story about Houses.
My House By Isaac. This is frankestiens house. This is a vampire house. This is a skeleton house. It is a witch house. This is a ghost house. Luc (look) it is a haunted house. Boo! (with the little ghost.) Luc (look) it is a bat. Happy Halloween.
Another story I loved was about dots. It said things like, "this is a big dot. This is a little dot. This is a blue dot. This is a red dot. etc...etc..." The pictures of the dots matched the sentences. It was so cute. His teacher said he would use his free time just to finish a story in school. He loved bringing them home and reading them!
He is constantly drawing at home. Here are some of his favorite pictures.
He loved this pepperoni pizza!
This is a church.
This is a scary pumpkin. There was a paper attached to it that read: "My pump kin is a vapir. (vampire.) My pump kin likes to skar my brothr. (scar my brother.) Of course it does!!! I think that pumpkin is Isaac. He was a vampire for Halloween and he loved to scare his brother!!There was a turkey phase. He cut out paper to look like turkey feathers. He colored and painted a lot of turkeys!
This cute turkey said: "A turkey is fat. A turkey has feathers. A turkey can be awesome. A turkey can be dead." Nice. That's my boy!
I really just love his imagination when he draws. Things like: A dinosaur.
A parpthoot (parachute.) Complete with sky, sun, and ground.
A horse jokey on his horse.
I loved his little soldier man!
He learned about being a peacemaker in school. The question was, I am a peacemaker when I.... his answer.... HELP MOM!!! You know it buddy!!! If mom's happy, everyone's happy! At the start of his art class with my neighbor, Kate he spent days working on a picture to show to his class. (That was their first assignment.) He was really into leaf rubbing. He picked a lot of leaves. Chose several fall colors and rubbed them on a big paper. A couple days later he added the tree trunk and branches for the leaves. Then he added the owl hole in the middle of the tree. Then he added the blue sky. He started coloring yellow behind it all and I could tell exactly what he was doing! It was the sun shining behind the tree. He also made a paper boat and stapled it to the paper. His mind is so creative!!! I just love the way he thinks.
As art class got going he would come home with paintings on canvases. His first one was two birds in the tree.
His next one was a castle. I think they are both beautiful!!!
He painted an owl one day. What a cute owl!
He had been busy coloring Christmas pictures at school and home and couldn't bare to get rid of them, so here are a few of the many!! He also cut out a lot of snowflakes and hung them around his room.I love this picture of Santa being stuck in a chimney. It said: "If Santa was stuck in my chimney, I would get my Dad to push him out."
And as he learned about reindeer he wrote, "Reindeer can fly. It's Santas pet. Reindeer can eat grass and leaves. Reindeer are cool."
Isaac is currently busy making paper airplanes, folding paper into so many shapes, and his newest thing is he loves making Ninja Stars. He got his dad to watch a video tutorial on how to make them. He watched that video 10+ times! Now he's a pro at making a ninja star.



No comments:
Post a Comment