Saturday, September 1, 2012

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

The first week home with a new baby is always an adjustment. You are very tired, excited, frustrated (at least I get that way cause I want to feel normal) but then still so tired, it's hard to do much. None of that matters though when you look at Tanner's sweet little face... you just fall in love with him all over again!

Tanner still scrunches his legs up into a little ball. When you get him to spread out, you realize he is so long! I've never been a fan of just wearing a onezie as an outfit... but I got over that quick when I realized Tan didn't fit into anything but that! I was grateful we had some cute ones my friend had given me as a present.
The boys love their brother. Maybe a little too much. But I would rather have them adore him then not.
I can't help but snap a picture every time they want to hold Tanner. I just love watching them eww and aww over him!

This is typical of Dax... he's still learning what "being gentle" means. He's good at taking his binki and trying to shove it back into his mouth again.
Tanner is adjusting to bath time. Some days he loves it other days he screams!
On a side note, his umbilical cord fell off exactly one week from when he was born. After his bath I was drying him and it came off. Yay! I love when you can see their cute little belly!
Brett stayed home with me and worked from home for a few days. It was so nice having him home. He played with Dax, fed me, let me sleep, cleaned. So great! He's really the best. But eventually he had to go back to work. He sent his mom to help me. I was so thankful she could come. She was here for 2 days just taking care of everything. It was nice to have the company. Our ward members were super nice. So many of our friends brought us meals. I begin to feel guilty but that didn't stop them. They are really so kind and it was much appreciated.
We snapped some pictures of Tanner and Grandma Nancy on her quilt she made him. I love how it turned out. It makes his room so bright. It was really so sweet of her to make it and I love that he will have that memory of her forever.
I can't get over the fact that I have 3 boys. THREE! I mean, I was used to two... but three is really different. You run out of hands and have to figure out who really needs you first. But I can't complain, I am so in love with all three of my boys. They are so stinkin' cute!



Great Grandma Dansie and Aunt Sandra (LaMonte's mom and sister) came out to see Tanner.  
Nancy brought her mom, Great Grandma Mona (Dorothy) to see Tanner.  
I was excited to get this picture of my three boys with their Grandma Nancy and their Great Great Grandma Mona.

We started getting used to life with our sweet newborn and I even ventured out for a minute to the grocery store with Isaac. As I was leaving my mom called me and couldn't believe I had left my house. She was calling all of her kids to warn them of a huge storm rolling in and we were advised to take cover. I didn't think much of it and I told her I was fine and would be home in 5 minutes. (She for sure thought she wouldn't have to worry about me and that I would have been home!) I'm so thankful she called. Within seconds of me pulling into my garage, a downpour it! I mean tons of rain and crazy quarter size balls of hail. Brett and I were really worried it was going to break a window! After it calmed down Isaac couldn't help but run outside and collect bowls of hail.
I'm so glad I got home when I did. That storm though it was short caused a lot of damage with the mountains that burned behind us earlier this Summer. It caused a mudslide that ran into 11 homes, flooding their basement with mud - ruining everything. It ran through their streets (this is only a couple miles from my home) and caused mud to flood Redwood Road. For hours cars weren't able to get home and I can't imagine if I couldn't get home to my newborn baby. It was really sad what happened to so many friends. Here are a couple of pictures of what their neighborhood looked like after the flood.
This happened over a weekend and the church was so great to step in and help. The stake took turns sending ward members to help scoop mud from the houses. This was over a few days. Church was cancelled so everyone could help. "Sunday Service" took on a new meaning that day. So many volunteers came from around Saratoga. It was amazing to see the community pull together, helping, cleaning, gathering food, and distributing sack lunches to those working.
We are all hoping Saratoga has had it's fare share of natural disasters. 

We took Tanner out of the house for his first real outing. The boys were feeling a bit cooped out so we had a family day and went bowling. Tanner slept through the whole thing.
Dax would drop his ball down the ally and watch it roll. Then if he would hit any pins, he would throw his arms high in the air and scream, "I DID IT!!!! I WIN!!!"
 Isaac's getting to be a good little bowler. 
It was fun to watch them all compete with each other. I couldn't lift a ball yet because of my stitches, but it was fun to watch them all bowl.
 It was a successful outing! I love when the boys get so warn out... they go right to sleep!

No comments: