Something traumatic happened today. I was having a nice afternoon with my friend Angela. She came over to visit and see my darling new baby, Tanner. It was 3:30 pm and it was time for our kids to come home from school so I went to walk her outside. I thought my sweet baby looked sleepy so I went and laid him down... thank heavens!
As I was talking to her next to her car, Dax was wondering around the grass and I saw him walking towards a yellow ball. I thought it was Rosco's ball. Now something in my head was telling me, you should go check on that, but at the same time I was thinking, I need to go check on the baby and I will as soon as Angela leaves. I should always trust my mother's instinct. I could have maybe avoided what was about to happen.
Next thing I know Dax is screaming hysterically and there is a cloud of bees surrounding him!! I ran towards him grabbing him and trying to pull him away from the swarm of angry bees. I was swatting them away screaming for Angela to help me. She was jumping out of her car and we both tried to get these bees off of my sweet Daxton. I could tell they were mad. I was getting stung and so was he. We ran all the way onto the driveway I finally ripped his shirt off and their were bees inside! It was horrible. Just horrible. He was starting to swell from so many stings, Angela remembered something she saw about smearing mud onto bee stings to help take the sting out. I was willing to try anything to calm my little boy down who was crying hysterically. She ran over and turned on my hose, trying to make mud in the dirt. I ran him over and together we were smearing this little boy and myself in dirt.
At the same time, school had been out for about 10 minutes and a lot of neighborhood kids were now walking home. Isaac and his friends starting walking to the house slowly... can you imagine, Isaac saw his mom and former preschool teacher smearing his crying, shirtless little brother with mud?! I'm sure it was quite the site. We were all a tiny bit calmer and Angela had to leave to get her son. I felt so bad. I was thankful Tanner was inside sleeping but felt horrible Dax just got attacked by bees. We went inside and I got a hold of the nurse right away. We gave him Benadryl and bathed off the dirt. We put some other ointment on him. He was calm. But a very sad little boy. I couldn't even count the bee stings he got... somewhere between 13 and 15 stings!
Later I found out when I was in the hospital Isaac and his friends found a hole in the ground... with bees. Brett didn't have anymore bug spray, so in the meantime he filled the hole with instant foam... making the yellow ball that I thought was a tennis ball. We had so much going on with bringing home a new baby, he forgot about this beehive under the ground. Turns out when Dax pulled on the foam, he uncorked angry bees that had been stuck underground for a couple of weeks. Brett went out later that night to spray them and they were still mad. They attacked him and even flew into his shirt. He ended up bringing two bees inside the house without knowing it! Brett flooded the hole with water a few days later and it took forever to fill it up... it was a very deep hole! Poor Daxton. He's been terrified of bees. I don't blame him. I really hope it doesn't scar him for life!
No comments:
Post a Comment