The little bugs came in the mail. We didn't have to do much with them yet but watch them eat their self silly and turn into really GIANT caterpillars. I mean, GIANT, long, stretch guys. It freaked me out a bit.
Then when they were ready they climbed to the top of their jars and turned themselves into chrysalises.
We waited for a week or so while they "changed." They once again freaked me out again because if they ever felt like they were in danger, they would start to shake! And shake! and shake!!! It was crazy to watch. I just walked away when they did that!
And then we stuck them into our butterfly pavilion. I had this image of beautiful butterflies fluttering around! They shook even more if they were spooked!They weren't really the "beautiful" things I had anticipated. They looked like giant moths with orange wings. But the boys loved them. They fed them watermelon. Which, why am I so freaked out to give a butterfly watermelon? I just didn't want to let them escape in the house!
Isaac was just pleased and showed everyone that came over.
There was like 7 butterflies flying around. They were pretty cool.
Minus the blood that nobody mentions... it gets strung up and down the cage from when they break free of their chrysalis. Yuck!!! I must be too much of a girly girl... I couldn't imagine getting snakes or lizards in our house... I could barley stomach these little butterflies!
The time came to let them free...
Be free little ones!!!!!!! The boys were so excited as they flew out! They went fast, it was very exciting!!! They still look for them around the house. Dax loves when he sees "his butterflies."
No comments:
Post a Comment