Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer Fun of 2012!

This Summer has flown by! I can't believe school starts in a week. Here are a few highlights of what we have been up to.
Swimming is always a big part of Summer fun. We went to the Splash Park a few times. Acacia is Daxton's little mother everywhere we go. He adores her. Really. He gets so excited when Acacia will be where we are going.
Dax liked the splash park. It took him a while to get into it and all the crazy kids, but he enjoyed himself. We went back later in the Summer with Emilee's kids and he ran like crazy through the river.
I tried so hard to be good about homework, reading, and science day. It didn't always happen... but we did alright. Isaac made a ring toss game our of paper plates and a paper towel holder. He painted it all. Thank you Pinterest!
Dax made a tambourine and painted it with his cute hands.
The boys had a lemonade stand and made 10 bucks! Isaac was so nice to divide up his money he earned with Dax and his friends that was helping him. I just got a kick out of looking out the window at these cute boys waiting so diligently for someone to come buy lemonade.
We made gak one day.  They boys played with it forever! It was pretty cool to make and watch it get all runny and then roll it back up again.

We made a bird feeder to hang in the tree. We rolled a toilet paper roll in peanut butter and bird seed. It was fun checking on it to see how much the birds ate.
They boys went on Father's and Son's with Brett, Grandpa LaMonte, Uncle Rob and Dallin. I wish I had pictures but I don't. I was impressed Brett took Dax. It was really cold. They ended up sleeping in the car. Isaac joined them shortley after the tent got flooded by a water camel pack. But they got to go camping, which they loved.

Brett took Isaac to Lagoon this year with his work. I coudln't ride anyting and was so sad to miss out, but they had a great time and Isaac was willing to jump on the roller coasters he could! He doesn't realize how much his mom loves that stuff... one day i'll show him!

Isaac took swimming lessons from my brothers house. Cord and Janine put in a beautiful pool last year and it's so fun to swim in it. Janine's sister Missy taught lessons. 5 classes for an hour a class. He learned more at these lessons then he has at 3 years of swimming lessons at The Legacy Center. I was thrilled with his progress! He is such a little fish!!!!!
By the end of his week he was swimming across the pool with his face in the water, back floating and just loving the water. He is already a better swimmer then I am! (I wish I was kidding!! Sad I know!)
Dax fell in love with our little pool this year. He was so happy to play for hours in it.
I will admit it was super hot, but I would just hold an umbrella, sit in a chair with my feet in the pool, eating pop cycles and spending quality time with my two boys!
We had a big fire right in the mountains behind our house, resulting in the majority of our neighborhood and other neighborhoods being evacuated from their houses. It was scray. And not fun. I was fine until I realized how many people were calling me and checking on me. It was a little nerve racking. I had Brett come home and we finished packing up a few important things incase we had to evacuate. Luckily, the evacuation stopped two houses up from us. Most of our neighborhood still left. We were ready to go, but knew we couldn't get back in. So we watched the mountiain burn. We had pizza with our friends the Birrells and enjoyed our night together. Ironically, the smoke was not bad at our hosue because it blew North.

Times like this you find what is really important. I watched neighbors pack up their entire house. I got important documents and precious things to me. But I think I would have gotten more if I really thought I wouldn't have a house in the morning. I had Isaac get what was important to him out of his room. He brought out a jump rope and a pack of gum. What a cute kid.
Rachel had her baby 18 days early... June 30th. Kazden Dale Ewell is such a cute little guy!! He was 7 lbs 1 oz and 18 1/2 in long. It has been fun having him around this Summer. And Rachel! She has been home for me to come bug most of the summer. He is such a little peanut. I'm excited to meet my little guy too! And another exciting bit of news we found out... shortly after me, in February, Liz will be having a baby!
I really wanted a prego picture with Rach and I. She was against it. Now it just kills me that at one point I was pregnant with Rachel and Liz and I don't have a picture!!! The little turkeys!

No comments: