Thursday, April 26, 2012

Daxton Doings! 2 years old

Daxton is growing up before our eyes! I stopped counting by months because he grows so fast I can't keep up with all of his funny sayings and his newest thing he his doing. He is ALWAYS doing something new. He makes us laugh, he's a big tease. I just can't get enough of this kid and his darling little face. 

My friend had her baby over and it gave Dax the opportunity to rediscover baby toys. The saucer kept him entertained for quite a while. He looks huge in both of them! I can't imagine what will happen when our baby is born and needing to use the baby toys.
Dax still loves bath time. Some things don't change. He wants to get in 50 times a day, morning, noon and night. He learned to lay back and even get his ears wet! Always a big accomplishment and makes hair washing much easier. Now it's a game. How fast can he lay down and get wet before I can wash him with soap! Some days I wonder if I even get the soap scrubbed in his hair before he rinses it out.  He likes to climb out, which scares me cause its very slippery! He's so independent.  
 I love this picture of Dax laying on a balloon. This is so him. Being a monkey, all day.
I wasn't quite ready for the adventure of potty training, but Dax was. So I went with it. He does really well, especially at first. He can hold it forever! Then we have times I'm lazy, cause I wasn't feeling well, or he was sick and we would have to start all over again. I'm not giving up, he's too smart. I just need to leave the house with him wearing real underwear and I know it will help get rid of crutch to wearing a pull up. He gets "squinkies" when he goes potty... and he loves them! Tiny, little plastic rubbery guys... who knew?
One of our experiences when he was feeling sick, we were at my moms house and he had an accident. I didn't have any clothes with me. Luckily, he could still wear his little sweatshirt... but it was so cold outside. We fashioned this outfit. My mom and sisters and I were laughing forever!!! He looks like he's back in the 50's and should be driving a car with the scarf blowing in the wind. The scarf was to protect his ears and head cause he had a bath at my moms. The pants are not little black pants... they are my dads black church socks. yup! We hiked them up to his little chubby legs and made a pair of pants! He was so cute.
 Dax is a big helper. He loves to help me with laundry. He pushes baskets with Isaac to the laundry room. He takes my dirty laundry back to the bedrooms before I've had a chance to wash them, and he really enjoys sitting in my clean laundry.
 It did snow a couple of more times this year so while the snow was on the ground (for a few hours) I would bundle him up and take him out to play. He loved jumping around and making prints in the snow. There was one day I took him and Isaac up to the BIG hill and we went sledding. Dax wasn't even scared flying down a giant hill in the snow!! I was so proud of him. The hardest part was lugging him back up the hill! Phew! Talk about a workout!
Daxton is getting more interested in coloring. Sadly it's on my walls, floors, blinds, keyboard, and other things that are not paper. I think we ask him 50 times a day, "Where do we color?!" he shouts back, "ON PAPER!" Well here is proof, I did get him to draw on paper! We have magic erased my whole house. He's learning. He knows what to color on it's just if he chooses to listen. He saw a pen in Brett's pocket the other day and lectured his dad on remembering to color on paper!
Dax is the perfect size for so many little spots. My side desk opens and he tosses out everything inside and likes to climb in. It's cute... even if I have to pick up my file folders 100 times a day. At my moms house I heard him screaming from the basement, "MOM! HELP!! I'M STUCK!" I ran down to find him shoved inside my parents big wood doll house. (it's 3 stories tall.) He was smashed inside the middle one. How he managed that I will never know. 
Since we got rid of the crib... Dax gave up on naps. For a while I was getting him to sleep on his bed, I'm not sure what went wrong. It was a sad day. He can't quite make it to the end of the day and I often find him passed out somewhere. One of the times he was sitting on his couch, inside his tent. Poor little guy.
Dax loves friends! He likes to play with other kids and thinks he can take off to be with them. He follows Isaac a lot to play with Jake and over time Taylor and Isaac have become best of friends. They have their moments, but they are really cute together. 
 One of their favorite things to do is play in the sandbox together. Like my little "king of the sandbox!" He wore that on his head for a while. It was too cute.

 He sleeps in funny positions. It really cracks me up.
He says so many funny things it's hard to remember them all, but I do try and write them down, so here are some I love and want to remember:

He loves to sing. We sing in the car all the time. He sings around the house and loves to dance with me. His favorites are wheels on the bus, twinkle twinkle, I am a child of god, give said the little stream, hot dog... the closing song to Mickey Mouse, and Frosty the Snowman. We sing every night to boys, sometime Dax pretends to snore, or jumps around but my favorite is when he sings the songs. My dad always sang give said the little stream to me, so when he sings it I think it's so sweet.

I'm pretty sure I've written this, but just in case, he didn't say Santa Claus this year. He called him Santa-Closet. That always made me smile.

He marches around the house saying "hut 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,!" Not sure where he picked that up. Speaking of counting he's pretty good at it! He can get up to 13 in order. How I wondered?! Then I heard myself counting for Isaac to hustle up one day and Dax started counting with me... there it is! My discipline for Isaac helped Dax learn to count.  He is also pretty good at naming shapes and telling me colors. He's fascinated with what color everything is.

He's demanding. I hear often, "stop it mom!" "I do it!" "Get Down!' "Mommy... come!" We have taught him manners and he is being much kinder when he speaks. I love when you ask him a question and the answer is yes... he says, "shore!" I realize the spelling is sure... but the way he says it is spelled like the sea shore. It's too cute!

He mocked me one day. I break up the boys and their fighting, a lot. She he copied me and said very sassy... "Stop it you two!"

One night I was laying by him to go to sleep and he gave me his sippy and said, "drink it!" I said no. He said, "DRINK IT!" so I did. Then he smiled and said, "there, now we are friends. Friends share."

Dax loves money. He found a 50 dollar bill we had sitting out and he took it and said, "my monies mom." He traded me for a nickle. Good think he doesn't know the value of a dollar yet! Another day he came running to me with a ton of ones saying, "bank mom! I need to put it in my bank!" I thought he was in my purse again so I put it back. Later, Isaac ran to me worried cause his money was all gone from his wallet. Daxton. He had found it all and took it. At least he knows money is important!

I told Dax he couldn't have a donut unless he ate his banana all gone. Next thing I knew, he said, "ALL GONE MOM!!" I looked over and it was sitting on Isaac's plate. Smart kid.

Dax's new food he loves is "Candy-loupe." We couldn't get him to try cantaloupe so we changed the wording. Apparently when its candy, it's got to be good!

Dax went poop in the potty. He calls them brown poopies. (I'm sure he will love I recorded that one day.) Well he was so proud of himself for going brown poopies he hugged me and said, "my poopies are going to see Heavenly Father!" I didn't know how to respond to that.

Dax calls hick-ups, pick-ups. Yup, I'm not changing that. Too cute.

He talks a ton... really a ton! He says really big sentences and chats so much. 

Dax loves this show called Doc Mcstuffins. Basically it's this little girl who fixes her stuffed animals. He carried around his dr. kit and checks us now. He looks in my mouth and says, "I see the problem. You got sugar bugs!" Another day I put oil on his feet and said, "there, that will make you feel better." He said, "thank you dr!" I laughed and said, "oh! am I dr?" He thought about it and said, "no, your mommy!!!"

He loves his Aunts. Really he can't get enough of them. He teases Aleesha.. like all the little boys. Rachel and Liz make him and Isaac crazy as ever, but they love being around them, and he has a very sweet little bond with Kenzi. Also, Acacia. She does anything he says and he takes full advantage of her. He rules her when she's around. And while I'm on the subject of push-overs... His daddy is his #1 fan. He can get Brett to do just about anything. Brett knows it, and so does Dax!

No comments: