Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bunk Bed Boys!!!

I remember before Dax was born, we were walking around RC Willey and we walked passed the bunk beds. Isaac said "one day mom, my brother and I will have bunk beds!" He has talked about it forever and finally... it happened. In February a lot was changing. Daxton especially. He decided to grow up way to fast. All in one weekend he wanted to get rid of his binki, start potty training, (more on those two subjects later) and he didn't want anything to do with his crib anymore. If we would put him in it, he would scream bloody murder. It was horrible!
No big deal, we went through this with Isaac, we just switched his crib to a toddler bed. He was so excited... for about an hour. He didn't want to really sleep in, nor really sit on it if it wasn't for Isaac laying by him. Night after night we tried to have him sleep in his new "big boy bed" but it wasn't good enough for him. He wanted a bed like Isaac's. So for a week this is how the boys slept...
Side by side, smashed together in Isaac's bed. Going to sleep was not easy. Dax is all over the place. But we knew we couldn't go on like this anymore, so Isaac's long time dream came true, we got bunk beds. 
The boys were so excited! They were jumping around helping Brett (more then he needed) put together the beds. 
What a good daddy he is! He worked for hours putting these beds together. 
But for Dax to crawl in and say, "MY BED!!!" Was just to precious in the end. 
Isaac found his little white board and hung it over his bed. It read, "no bude on my bed!" (Nobody on my bed!) 
Dax has wanted to sleep on the top bunk forever!!!! He loves his bed up top. He even does a good job making his bed, which isn't easy.
 I love that he lines his stuffed animals up in a row. It reminds me of when I was little with millions of stuffed animals on my bed until I got a pet net.
Daxtons bed is harder to make. We ended up buying him ball sheets and a ball comforter, but I have yet to put the comfoter on. It is so hard to make while the arm is on the side. Dax falls out every now again, so for now better safe then falling! 

For the longest time Dax would whine and cry that he couldn't climb up to Isaac's bed. That didn't last long, he took matters into his own hands and learned to climb up the ladder. Getting down is a bit harder. He's working on it, but it's a little scary for all of us to watch that. The problem is now he climbs up the ladder at night and bugs Isaac. I tell ya, bed time can be a pain somedays! Even worse now that Dax leared to open the bedroom door. Now he can open in and pop out to say hello. I'm working on the best method to teach my children to lay down and fall asleep, if someone knows the secret to this, I wish they would share. It used to be like that, once upon a time. 

Things have just seem to be changing so fast for me... all these little changes were just adding up to fast. I wasn't sure why... but we figured it out pretty quick! We have one big change coming up this year! (Yup, stay tuned to learn what that is!) 

No comments: