So Isaac climbs up on Santa's lap and what does he ask for? "Santa, I would like a slap bracelet." Santa's response was, "Oh! I've been making those for a long time." He said "well, I would like a watch slap bracelet." What?! This was out of left field and it was 2 weeks before Christmas. I hope he was a good boy! Next up was Daxton. He didn't even get a chance to look at Santa because he broke out in tears...
Poor kid. He sat and watched a few kids and I really thought he was going to be okay. Then one little boy in front of us started crying. I blame him! Dax calmed down when Santa reached into his sack and gave him a small treat sack. Yes, a treat sack! He still didn't want to sit on his lap, but he took the treat bag and jumped into my arms.
And because Santa was visiting this fine grocery store, they were passing out doughnuts and chocolate milk! My boys were so excited!!! Dax saw the doughnuts and forgot all about Santa.
We went and sat down and ate our doughnuts and milk. The kids opened their sacks. It was filled with a giant candy cane, a few treats, a special ring, and a checklist for all the things you should do to be a good boy or girl. I can't believe how fun it was! At the mall you stand in line for an hour and pay for a picture. Here, at little Kohlers, no line and treats galore!
The boys were so happy with their snowman and penguin rings. We had a good time laughing and talking about Santa.
We got in the car and before we knew it, Dax munched down his giant candy cane. I mean, we are talking in minutes!!!
Isaac took a bit more time with his candy cane.
It was getting dark and our part 2 to FHE was to go see some fun Christmas lights! We found some houses that look like lights threw up on the houses... but the kids LOVED them! Then we had 2 musical houses we went to. They were amazing. The kids danced, sang, and watched the lights flash in amazement. I have to say, some people of super talented to figure all that out!
A week later, we went to our ward Christmas party. The surprise visitor at the end was... Santa! So, we stood in line for a long time to see Santa. Isaac and Trevan went first. They were happy and said hello. It must have helped Daxton not be so nervous because he actually sat on Santa's lap. No tears, he just looked at him and looked at me. He wasn't even in a hurry to jump off his lap. He took Mrs. Claus's candy cane and went on his merry way. I couldn't believe it! I guess we like Santa now?

No comments:
Post a Comment