Tis the season for putting up the tree! Normally, I'm pretty particular about things, like my tree. I like certain things on it and it's hard for me to branch out. I've done better as I get ornaments from people here and there. I actually think it's cute to have fun little ornaments around my tree. Grandma Nancy and brought back olive tree wood ornaments for the boys to hand on their little tree. Isaac felt the need to put them on my tree. I told him that would be fine but I would need to find some string. That night I had to leave and when I came back my son was beaming with pride! He had found his own blue and white multi-colored string and strung them through the ornaments. Then instead of tying them in a knot he found brown masking tape and tied the two ends together. How could I say no? I could branch out and have BLUE on on my red and white tree. Brett loves when people mess with my OCD self. I couldn't say no, so all over my tree hung these darling olive wood ornaments with blue and white string, taped together with brown masking tape.
It's then I realized what really mattered during the Christmas Season. My son did something out of love and I could tell he was proud of it. So was I.
Dax liked to mess with my tree too this year. He did okay leaving it alone but he loved my peppermint suckers on my tree. He even licked them! I kept trying to tell them they weren't real but he kept trying to eat them. The sticks of the suckers suffered quite a bit. They were bent in half by some 2 year old I know. And to top it off... my Aunt Sharon gave Dax a sword for Christmas (you will see it below) and when he was upset with me he would beat my Christmas tree with his sword. "AHHH! Save my ornaments!!! Was always my reaction.Here are the boys decorating there little tree. They did a good job together. Dax liked hanging the little gingerbread men and bells on the tree.
Extended Ottley Family Christmas Party!
The Ottley family party was held in a church this year to accommodate the TONS of people in our family. It worked out so great! There was much more room and the kids had a ball together. Aunt Sharon always does something so nice for the kids and this year my boys got the same thing. Dax enjoyed opening his present... though he got much faster at it as the month went on.
Sharon had made the boys each a 2-sided cape. One as Batman and the other as Superman. And then she took those swimming noodles and made them into swords. My boys didn't hesitate, they knew exactly what to do! They started swinging at each other.
Brett had to break up the fight and held Dax and his giant sword on his shoulders. The swords ended up at the top of my closet that night due to a bit of violence between the two of them. They have learned to use them nicely now.
Here's a random picture of Dax in a Santa hat. He really loved wearing it this year!
Extended Dansie Christmas Party!
We continued the Christmas festivities by going to a church in Payson to celebrate with Brett's cousins. Grandma Dansie hand painted little mouse ornaments for each of the kids. They were so cute. All the kids made cute little gingerbread houses. Dax even enjoyed a little bit of decorating.
But not as much as eating it! The minute he got home he dove right into his house. Literally. Look mom! NO HANDS! I laughed so hard when I saw him just munching the house down.
Dansie Family Party
When we had or Christmas party at Grandma Nancy's, Dax really got into making his gingerbread house. He knew exactly what do. And he also knew it meant a tasty treat for later. Isaac had fun decorating his. He did a good job.
We played a snowball toss game. The kids threw big marshmallows into the box. They all laughed trying to get the snowball in the hole. Dax was just fascinated after a marshmallow went in. I loved watching him put his little face in the hole to see where all the marshmallows disappeared to.
We played Rodolph's relay game. The kids had to put a dab of vaseline on their noses and run across the finish line, keeping the nose on. Don't worry, nobody's nose fell off. The kids had so much vaseline on their noses, those papers weren't going anywhere!
I may have made the red noses a bit big... but it was really funny to watch!
We finished the night with acting out The Nativity Story. We are lacking on how many people we have so Dallin was representing 3 wise men and Elizabeth was a star and an angel. Dax was a Shepard. You wouldn't know because he chose to run around instead. Isaac and Lilly made a wonderful Joseph and Mary. (I think Isaac just like the fact I let him have a cane.) We did presents on Christmas day when Brandon and Shaylah came into town.
Ottley Family Christmas Party
My families Christmas party is always insane! Lots of kids, so many presents to trade. Cord and Janine (without knowing what Santa was brining - but it fit right along with the theme!) gave Dax this darling worker man set!! Dax was in love with the tools! He really loved the little tool belt and couldn't get enough of wearing it. The hat has a hard time staying on, which makes him mad, but he really enjoys putting his tools to work!
Isaac got some disk shooter guns and a basketball hoop for his door.
Grandma Linda and Grandpa Dale got the kids Smurf figurines, which they all loved... especially Acacia as you can tell by her screaming expression!
We always have plenty of kids to act out the manger scene, and tons of costumes! My mom loves them. Dax was a cow this year. He made an adorable "mooing" cow. It's not a structured play, thats for sure! The kids go with how they are feeling. Cayden was a hoot this year and really got into his acting skills. Cord has proof of all this somewhere on film!
Isaac was the blue wiseman... which is always a crowd pleaser. Blue is his favorite.
And here is our final scene!The Star: Acacia, Sparkling Angel: Hannah, Shepard: Ataka, Donkey: Josh, Mary: Eliza, Joseph: Zander, Crazy Purple Wisman: Maddy, Mellow Blue Wiseman: Isaac, Really into Character Maroon Wiseman: Cayden, Cutest Cow Ever: Daxton
It may not be the most reverent play, but it doesn't matter. It's a wonderful tradition! It still brings the spirit, its a great reminder of the true meaning of Christmas, and we all love watching it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment