Isaac made me a flower one day. It was so cute!!! He colored it and cut it all out of paper. He even added dirt and roots made from string. He is so clever! He is always making little presents and gifts for everyone. He is so giving and loving. He loves making others feel good.
He is still learning tons in school. They are working on writing 21-31 right now. That's not an issue for Isaac because every time I practice numbers with him he goes far over 31. He usually ends around 140. Such a crazy kid!
During Halloween he turned our house into a spook house. He made all kinds of little creatures to hang, like ghosts, bats, pumpkins, and mummy's. I found them in my bathroom, living room, kitchen... everywhere. They were so cute. Here's a picture of a few of them. Also added a random turkey I took a picture of. He made it in school. I love going to the school and finding his little artwork in the hall. So I thought I would share a couple of stories about Isaac I wanted to remember. He's getting too smart for me. One day he said, "I'm hungry." This is most days when I'm fixing dinner, so I told him if he wanted something it needed to be healthy. He pulled out a rare thing that we never have in our house, pop-tarts. I said, "Isaac! I said something healthy!" To which he replied, "THESE ARE HEALTHY! They have strawberries, don't they?!"
At my Grandpa Milt's funeral I had mentioned L Tom Perry spoke. We were only 2 rows away from him and as we were walking out he was shaking some hands. I had told Isaac he knew the prophet and he was an apostle. He wanted to meet him. No fear, Isaac hustled up and put his little hand out to shake his hand. L Tom Perry smiled and said, "Well hello! It looks like your going to be a great future missionary!" Isaac shook his head yes. He walked out the door. He was was wearing a short sleeve collard shirt and we had forgotten to scrub of his fake tattoos. I about died watching him shake an apostle hand with these little tattoos up and down his arm! But Isaac didn't care about that. He looked up and me and said, "MOM! How did he know I was a future missionary?! I didn't even have on my bracelet that says so!!!" He was so excited and thrilled that L Tom Perry knew that about him. I thought it was so cute.
This was the first funeral Isaac has ever attended. He was very nervous at the viewing and had many questions. Mostly he was worried about Grandpa and who would be staying with him. He was worried if he could breathe inside of the casket. It's hard to explain this to him and I know he didn't look the same as he remembered him. The day of the funeral he was very nervous. He made him self so sick! He was determined to still go with us even thought we told him he could stay with Grandma Nancy. The minute he got there he dodged everyone and left our side. He want right up to the casket and starred. Brett said he was there for about 5 minutes until Brett leaned down to talk to him to see if he was okay. I wish I knew what he was thinking or what he learned from that experience. He was very calm and happy after that. He hugged Grandma Shirley and was just fine for the rest of the day. Kids are so sweet and sensitive to the spirit. I'm so happy to have them in my home to help me remember what's really important.
No comments:
Post a Comment