Brett and I have been up to a lot in the last couple of months. I have pictures to go along with mine, Brett does not. But his is important and I wanted to remember such a big blessing that has come into our lives. A week before Thanksgiving, Brett's entire department at Lendio got laid off. It wasn't a huge shock because he had survived so many lay offs over the past years. A couple months prior he had put a new resume together. He looked here and there, but we were grateful that it was all ready to go when he got laid off. He was able to start submitting resumes the next day. I have to add, we weren't upset, we were relieved. It was a big blessing to be-able to leave this company and try something new with a better atmosphere and many possibilities. We knew something great was going to happen, but we weren't sure what. Brett went to so many interviews and had so many call backs. He even turned down a couple things (which was a scary feeling!) But within 3 weeks he had accepted a wonderful new job with Management Plus. We are so excited for this new adventure and Brett is so happy at his new job. We have felt so grateful and blessed.
Over the last couple of months I have been all over the place. Here is a few of my favorite things I've done. I went to see the new Twilight movie - Breaking Dawn, part 1 with my sisters (and Shelly, Rachel's old high school friend. She always comes!) Rachel got us tickets months and months before it came out. She had to order then at the strike of midnight so we could have our midnight tickets! She's the best!
We also celebrated Kenzi's birthday! The morning of Twilight was Kezni's 20th birthday!!! Aleesha picked her up a Happy Birthday crown and badge to wear in the theater. Rachel was a little cold in the movie and brought her snuggie to the movie. She cuddled right up and watched the movie.
My friend Megan, who I met my 3rd year of college is now a Tupperware consultant. I told her I would host a party. I honestly thought it would be a flop. Who buys that much Tupperware? Well I must be a great sales lady cause I sold over $500 dollars worth and I got all this Tupperware for free!!! It was very exciting to me! I got a jello mold and I have had a hard time figuring out how to make the perfect jello. I've been on the phone forever with my mom asking her jello mold questions and for Christmas she gave me a 80's jello mold cook book! I'm excited to try it out!
I wanted a cute fall wreath on my door and my mom had cleaned out some things in her house. She had found some old wreath starts and leaves she was throwing out. I took them thinking I could be craft and to my surprise, I was!!! I went and found some fall colored sprigs and wah-lah! I made a cute fall wreath... just like the kind I have always wanted!!!
Liz wanted to learn to make hot pepper jelly. She had Cord's name for Christmas and wanted to can him a yummy treat... since he's all garden crazy and cans a lot of things. She asked me if Nancy could help her, and when I looked over the recipe I realized I could help her can it! (I had a few sisters doubt me, but I'm so impressed with a few of my canning skills I've learned over the years.) Liz and I had so much fun making it. My house smelled so bad of peppers, we were choking ourselves! But it was a blast! We plan on making it again.
Two days before Christmas I had a freak accident happen. Luckily we still had our insurance from switching jobs! But 4 am I woke up to help Daxton who was crying. I must have gotten up to fast cause I felt nauseous and started to run to the bathroom. Isaac had a rocket toy right by the door. I don't know for sure if I slipped on it or not (I don't really remember) but I smacked really hard on the hardwood floor on the back of my head. I have never hit my head so hard in my life! Brett said it woke him up it hit so hard. Talk about a really bad headache!!! Brett got me some ice, checked my eyes (though that was hard cause I was crying so hard!) and I didn't have a concussion. He turned the side lamp on and checked my head. He said there was a small line and it was swollen. I laid down and all I wanted to do was sleep. I kept telling him I thought it was bleeding, but he said no. The next morning I had a little bit of blood on my finger but that's all and I thought I was feeling better.
I jumped in the shower and got the worst "splitting" headache in the world! Rachel happen to be on her way over. I got out and had her look at my head and she started to freak out. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!!!" She kept asking. She ran frantically to my fridge and found my mineral water, poured it on a plate?? Usually we would use a bowl. I was in a bit of a daze and just watched her. Then he soaked a paper towel and smashed in on my head. She proceeded to wrap my head in horse tape... making me look like a red ninja. She told me I had a big crevice in my head. I had seen it. It was about a 2 inch crack, split open. It was red and bloody but thankfully not gushing out. Brett walked inside and was shocked what he saw. He said, "wow! It did not look like that last night!" The hot water must have split my head open. Brett ended up taking me to the Insta-care.
A half hour later I had 5 staples in my head. I have to say, both nurses that worked on me need to work on their "not so shocked skills." They both calmly said, "ok let's see where you bumped your head." and then you hear a big "GASP!" Not comforting people! It didn't hurt too bad. The worse part was when they numbed my head. They had to poke a lot of little needles in my head. Ouch. Then the staples were just a big of pressure. The worst part was I had a hair appointment in 4 days and the Dr. told me I would have to reschedule. RATS! But at least they didn't have to shave my head or anything like that. A week went by and my head was as good as new. I went and had them pull them out of my head and I went to my hair appointment. Probably not the smartest idea. My head was pretty sore after. But at least I had cute hair again. Here's a better picture, a week later when my head was all closed up. It looks much better!

1 comment:
Wow!!! Sorry about Brett's lay off, but sounds like it was a great thing for you guys. I had no idea.
And glad to know I'm not the only one that slips on the hardwood floor--that stuff is treacherous!
Post a Comment