It's always sad to see Summer go. The warm weather, the long days outside. We had to enjoy the last few weeks we had before the weather starting getting chilly. My brother put a pool into his backyard this year and we finally went over for a swim.
It is super fun and very relaxing! The cousins had a great time playing together! They have all kinds of fun toys to swim around in. Isaac was in heaven.
Janine gave him a set of green goggles and arm floaties. They fit him better then his own. He was in heaven! He got so daring and swam around the pool like a little fish! He got brave and really started slipping down the slide fast!
We celebrated a lot of birthdays. Bretts, Janines, Hannahs, Joshs, and Attaka's. Attaka is from Japan. He is Cord and Janines foreign exchange student who is living with them this year.
We sold Brett's truck. It was sad day for him, but he's doing just fine. We are saving a lot more money because of that. We found a little 06' Toyota Corolla. It was so darling! The one thing with it is it had a Utah sticker on it...
I barley got to snap a picture of it (because I thought it was hilarious!) Before my husband started picking it off. They guy we bought it from said in the deal, the sticker couldn't be removed. Brett told him no way. But it did make me smile watching him drive away with a Utah sticker!
Isaac is our snuggler. One day after church Brett was taking a nap. I walked in and saw Isaac shut his eyes. He was trying so hard not to smile, he wanted me to think he was sleeping too. It was too cute!
Isaac and Trevan caught some bugs this Summer. They told me the orange ladybugs are the boy ones. I'm not sure how they knew that, but I couldn't argue with that! What did I know? I'm grateful for little boys who like to smash bugs. Even Dax is learning to smash them with his foot. In the Summer I remember watching him laying on the cement. I was wondering what he was doing with his head tucked so tight to the cement. Then as I got closer I saw it. He was smashing ants with his fingers, laughing. He's a true boy!
In September, we celebrated Brett's 32nd birthday! It's weird to thing he's in his 30's. I still think of him as that young 22 year old kid that I met.
I took this picture of Dax in 2011, wearing this green shirt standing by Rosco. It reminded me of one I took a few years back...
I found it. I have a picture in 2007 of Isaac, wearing the green shirt, around the same age, standing next to our dog, Koda. I couldn't believe how similar they looked!
We had a great Summer. We did a lot of fun things. Mostly, my boys have learned to chase each other around outside and play. I'm glad they have each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment