I loved the frozen fountains! I seriously think they are so cool. I climbed up this hill to get to this one, thinking the snow was hard and I sunk! Yup... my pants were all wet. Brett laughed.
At night, we went swimming in "The Crater." It's a big limestone shaped rock that nature has hollowed out.
It was kind of scary signing away our lives saying if we die it's our own fault. Who knew swimming could be so dangerous! You walk in and as cool as it is, its a littler eery too! Just a tunnel hollowed out to walk into. It's very steamy!!! It's like walking into a sauna... a smelly one!Here is the best picture I could get of the water because of all the steam. It's not very big. Just a pool of water. We had to wear floaty lifejackets. Which to be honest, I was glad about. Knowing its 55 ft till you hit the bottom was a little worry some. Not to mention all the scuba divers under you, bubbling the water and randomly popping up in places can be scary. (Especially when they pop up right next to you! It's like what more do you say but "why hello!") It was so incredably warm! 90-96 degrees of natural clear mineral water. Awwww. It was nice!
It was nice until we realized... Brett had our car keys (remote included) his his swimming suit pocket! Yes, it sucks that our remote might not work... but then he worry about if they fall out and go down, down, down... leaving us stuck in Midway. So what do you do? Risk them falling out of your pocket?, Risk them slipping out of your hand while taking them out of your pocket? Luckily I had a wrist band on them and he slipped that on his hand and there we sat, bobbing around the water with our car keys getting drenched. Lucky for us, the remote still worked! Yay!
We had fun bobbing around and swimming in it. The current kept pushing us in different directions. I really didn't like when it pushed me next to the wall. Touching the limestone rock thats so poky looking made me feel if I touched it wrong it would erupt! Looking up you do look like your in a volcano. It's just a tiny little hole you can look out of at the top. Not much daylight! But it was really fun and I'm glad we could do it together.
This was our first time staying at the Homestead. It was nice. Last time we stayed in Midway was on our Honeymoon at the Blue Boar Inn, so it was fun to see another side of town!
And they have a random frog out front. And why wouldn't you?! When I have my own hotel I too will put a friendly frog out front to meet people. That night we went to find something to eat... not many restaurants around town. Everything looked a little "questionable" like you might walk out with food poisoning. Luckily at the very end of town, we found Claimjumpers. We hadn't been since we were first married so we went and it was delicious! One of the best chickens I've ever had!
In our package deal, we had tickets to go tubing... which honestly could be so much fun! I think the funnest part was throwing snowballs at each other on the tube lift up the hill!We went a few times, but the snow was melting and it was making the tubes go really slow. So they refunded our money and we went on our way. But we will have to take the kids sometime, cause it is fun! We ended our day and came home to our little turkeys.
It was fun to getaway, but man we missed these two crazy boys! Who wouldn't? They are so cute!And such cheese balls!!!
On a side note, Daxy started taking his first steps while we were gone. I knew he was getting close, so I was glad to get home before he took off running! When we got home we decided to have a family night and go swimming.
Isaac's like a fish in water, he loves it! Brett took him down the Lehi tube. Then he came over and said, "why did I do that?! It was scary. And the whole way down that dark tube I kept thinking what an awful parent I was for letting my son go down this by himself!" They really do need lights or something in that tube!
Dax was a little hesitant at first. There was a lot of kids, a lot of water and splashing. He clung on tight to me for a while and then started to relax and began to play. Then he loved it and didn't want to leave.
So why am I including this little story in with my Midway getaway you ask? Well, it's relevant because of the irony of what happened next. You would think that my husband would have learned his lesson of putting things in his swimming suit pocket. A few days ago we dunked our keys swimming in a hot spring... luckily nothing happened. That wasn't the case at the pool. During swimming, my sweet husbands face went white when he realized he not only his wallet but his brand new cell phone in his pocket. uhhg. And no it didn't survive the water damage. It zapped the poor phone. And for days we had money, precious papers and his leather wallet hung up to dry.Kind of put a small damper on our family night, but what can you do? Pay to get another new phone I guess! (And now my job is to make sure he doesn't put anything in his swim pockets!)
No comments:
Post a Comment