Dax is learning so much. He watches us like a hawk. Brett and Isaac have a contest every night at dinner to see who will say the prayer. They say, 1..2..3... and whoever raises their hand the fastest, gets to say the prayer. Dax has caught onto this routine and he loves it! He joins in on the fun and raises his hand fast too. Sometimes he wins and Isaac insists he says the prayer, so we help him and he "says" it.
Dax has a new fascination of standing on his head. It's pretty entertaining. (And as I am writing this he just turned 19 months and nothing is different... he still loves standing on his head.) I just wonder what triggers is. One minute he will be walking along and then he stops, and flips upside down! Daxy started walking at the beginning of 16 months!!! I can't believe it. He just stood up and decided he could go!
March 3rd at night when he started walking, I found a paper of what I wrote down about it. "Dax has taken a few steps here and there over the past couple of weeks. He has gotten more sturdy on his feet standing up and down. I even once got him to walk 9 steps to Isaac! But he stopped caring and went back to crawling. So to our amazement last night he decided he liked walking. We sat in a triangle and he walked from me, to Brett, to Isaac and I was shocked! He was having a ball. He even ventured out into the hall! Hardwood is a bit more tricky with socks, but he did so great! He even walked back into his room, walked toward me and not wanting to stop, he walked around me all the way to the bed! I was so proud! He's such a cute boy! 16 months and finally going to walk!"
I really just love this face! Dax is becoming obsessed with things.. like peoples socks or shoes! He likes to wear them. I couldn't get over when Brett put my socks on Dax. Cutest thing ever!
Isaac is loving Dax even more the older he gets. These two are so silly together. It's fun to watch them play and enjoy one another. Dax adores his brother and wants to do everything like him.
And he loves when Isaac takes him for a spin in the Hummer. He won't always... around 18 months, Dax figured it out on his own and can put the petal to the metal!
Dax makes the best faces. Every now and again I get a good one!
They are learning to gang up on me already!
My sister let me borrow this little chariot for Dax. He loves the car! He loves steering wheels and is always saying, "vroom, vroom!" I push him around the neighborhood in this and he is gitty the whole way!When I'm not around, Daddy throws dax on my bed. He loves it. But it's suppose to be a secret between those two. The only reason I found out is cause Dax was begging Brett to throw him one day when I was home!
I love, love, love how he sleeps! With his bum in the air... it couldn't get any cuter!Dax still loves the park! Everything about it. He is getting brave and tries to go up on his own... which is nerve wracking! Isaac always comes to his rescue, (whether he wanted to be rescued or not!) He will pick him up and pop him on his lap and slide him down with him.
Some other things I have written down about Dax are:
he says, "uh oh" and "wah oh!"
He loves when Isaac encourages him to do something by him saying, "go doodle! go doodle!"
This age is hard. Because he just learned to walk within 2 days he had fallen so much he had a scraped nose, gashed head, and 2 bruises.
Says: done, clean clean (yes twice in a row), tubby, binki, baba, beee (blanky), car, hot, peas = please.
No comments:
Post a Comment