Usually we try and get our kids in bed between 8 and 8:30. But tonight they both fell asleep from 5-7, so we knew that "bedtime" was not going to happen. We decided to make the best out of it and instead have a movie night! We are probably one of the last people on the planet to see "How to Train Your Dragon" but with some begging, my sister let us take it for the night. (Thought I'm sure her son was pretty sad.)
It is the cutest movie I have ever seen! I loved it. It was funny, sweet, scary... really everything you want from a movie. Plus, I love to hear Isaac giggle! And, I really love Isaac repeating the jokes from the movie. The whole time he was brushing his teeth tonight he kept saying, "Whats the matter? You got somethin' in your eye!?" But best of all, it was such a fun family movie! Brett made some of his famous carmel popcorn (aka sticky popcorn according to Isaac) and we curled up in our pajamas with our pillows and blankets. Daxy crawled around, glancing at the movie and begging for pieces of marshmallow.. because the fishy crackers he was given was not good enough. He knew we weren't eating the same thing! Isaac was laying on his little couch and Dax would crawl over him, curl up by him (for a short minute) and then be on his way. Isaac is always very sweet with him, giving him his water and letting him trample over him. It was such a fun night spent with my 3 boys. I think there is nothing better then to slow down and just spend time together. It really makes you remember what is important in life. Tonight was one of my favorite family fun nights ever!
(Incidentally, I'm really considering naming our next son "Hiccup!" Or at least our next pet "Toothless." How could you not? I am absolutely in love with them both!)

1 comment:
don't worry, you weren't the LAST people to see it, you've still beat us. It sounds like a cute movie. I really hope you have a girl next, I dno't know if I can live with a nephew named Hiccup, no matter how cute the character may be.
Post a Comment