Everybody says it... but I can't believe it's been a whole year! My baby boy has gotten so big. This year flew by and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Dax is such a little ray of sunshine and I am so glad to have him in our family!
We had a little Mickey Mouse party to celebrate his birthday! Daxy loves Mickey! Everytime he comes on TV Dax bolts over to the TV so he can sit and dance to the opening music. He gets so gitty when he sees him come on TV. We invited our family over to have some cake and ice-cream, even my mom came!
I always attempt a cake... so here is Daxton's 1st Birthday cake! I got these darling Mickey Mouse figures to put on top, which he loves to play with. I just didn't anticipate how heavy they would be. Minnie had a hard time standing up!
I like to be over-prepared, so I made cupcakes just in-case! They turned out pretty cute.My neighbor Nicole has everything I need. She had this darling Mickey costume and let me borrow it. Isaac walked around being Mickey for the night. Dax loved him in it!
Daxy got some cute presents. A phone, blocks, coat, books, pj's, pop up toys, a musical toy bench! What a spoiled little boy!
And yet... after all the new toys, he chose the box! Why do we buy presents exactly?
I'm really sad looking at this picture. You see, recently, I grabbed my video camera to record Dax playing peek-a-boo. And as darling as it was, I should have checked my tape, because I recorded over all of us sining Happy Birthday. Ahhh! Who does that? Me! Oh well, so now I have this cute little picture of him getting excited about his cake.He wasn't really sure what to do with it. He poked at it, licked it....
And decided it was pretty good!
Here is Dax in his new PJ's Sue gave him and Mickey Mouse!
Isaac loved this pop up toy! Maybe Liz had something to do with it... she is a pretty crazy aunt and makes Dax giggle pretty hard. Every-time he popped one open he was so proud of himself he would look at her for approval. She would get all excited for him he did over and over again. Such a ham!Dax loves music. If he hears it he is like a bobble doll. His head and body start bobbling in different ways! It's totally cute. So he loves toys that sing to him.
Heres is proof my mom and dad came! I know it's not always easy for her, especially cause my door is kind of skinny, but it meant the world to me that they would come.
Nancy and LaMonte came! They were on their mission for Isaac's 1st birthday, so it was really fun to have them with us. I'm pretty sure Grandpa LaMonte is smitten with Daxton! He is always stealing him and playing with him... and why would you not? Dax is pretty dang cute! LaMonte says, "he's a solid kid, he likes that cause he can't break him!"
Daxton is growing so fast. Just when I think, "oh cute he learned how to do ______ fill in the blank..." He's onto learning something else. I really can't keep up with him! I'll admit, I think everything he does is adorable and cute. He makes me smile constantly! This has got to be my favorite age! Some things he learned at 12 months consisted of:
*He learned to crawl super fast!
*He got teeth!!!! This is a huge accomplishment! After 12 months of worrying about when he will get teeth... he finally got some! They came in all so fast. 3 (and a 4th on the way) on top and one on the bottom. (With a 2nd one that just popped through!) Thats a mouthful for him!
*He's loud! He found his voice and knows how to use it. He can hollar... I think he's learned that from his brother. He likes to be heard. He says, dada, daddy, mum, mooooom, I-see (Isaac), ba-ba (bottle), and my favorite, dat (that)... and of course he points to things while saying it! And he says, brrrrr, while spitting everywhere.
He loves toilet paper. If you come to our house, it's rare if you see it rolled up neatly. It usually has been rolled and unrolled a few dozen times. I finally found my lock so he will leave mine alone... however, that seemed to be a bad thing. He then discovered that the toilet lid opens and likes to dip his hands in! Gross! And no, I don't allow it if I can catch him quick enough. I think I prefer the toilet paper unrolling.
13 Months
And now an updated on all the trouble he gets into!
The other day and heard a "plop!" It made me a little concerned and more so when I couldn't find Dax. After a while of searching, I found him in the tub... he climbed in by himself! I've watched him attempt it. He would have had to go down slowly, head first, trying to catch himself as he goes. He still loves the tub. I have to keep the bathroom closed cause the minute he hears water, he's off and crawling, ready for a bath. And if it's open, he will jump in himself. We can dump water over his head, running into his eyes and it doesn't phase him. He things it's great fun. He loves to "splash" and he loves anything to squirt or splash on him. He screams out of anger when it's time to get out.Rachel had us watch her ginny pigs while they were out of town. Dax fell in love with them. Poor pigs were never left alone, cause they always had a giant hanging over their cage, grabbing their house and pulling out their hay. (Not to mention sprinkling the hay on top of them.) He would lean down to pet them and surprisingly they let him touch their nose! Even after he stole their house and sat in it. That's his new thing... he likes small spaces. He screams if he gets stuck. His two new places are behind the desk and in-between my night stand and the wall. BOTH places he has managed to get stuck.
Oh! And here's another one of him squishing himself into another small space... but look at that face!
Since Dax learned to crawl so well, he took on a new task, climbing! Oh it may just drive me crazy. He's gotten a lot more stable and can mange to get back down, but sometimes he falls and that's always sad. He loves to climb up and sit on Isaac's desk. He actually will sit their and draw for a bit, which is super cute! But when that gets boring, he climbs up to stand on it and play with the pictures on the wall. He loves climbing so much, we taught him the stairs and he figured it out right away. He now can climb up and down like a pro! (But he still makes me nervous when he bounces on the steps!) He actually will scream at the top of the steps if the gate is locked... but I prefer to know he's on the steps instead of leaving the gate open, sorry Dax.
This is my new favorite thing he learned how to do! Kissing! He can pucker his little lip out and give the sweetest kisses. If he hears the word "kiss" he's all about it! Lips puckered, ready to kiss anyone. He always learned how to hug. He falls into your shoulders and cuddles. It's so cute. (I know I say cute alot.. but I told you, I think everything he does is too cute!)
2 weeks after his birthday he was such a pro at taking a bottle he stopped nursing! An accomplishment for him and mom. He sleeps great through the night, it's rare if he wakes up. It's been nice to get such a good nights sleep.
He's a copy cat. He mimucs any noise we make. Brett's had a cold and when he coughs, so does Daxy. He copies, clapping, waving, blowing kisses... pretty much anything. I love when he says, "beep beep" it's so quite and in a high sounding voice. He usually knows what I'm talking about, like when I ask for his binki.... which I don't know if I have mentioned but he LOVES his binki and REALLY LOVES his blanket. Fuzzy blankets are his favorite. He rubs his face into them and snuggles down.
He's learning to throw balls. He loves to play with Isaac. They giggle so much together. When pointing to something he wants he now says, "wat dat?" (whats that.) I'm sure I will mention it later, but he has also learned to say, Baaa, Moooo, and Ho Ho Ho! He loves attention and gets a lot of it! He loves his dad. He is always jumping to Brett. He's not walking yet, but he walks around things and walks holding onto someone or with a walker. He still thinks this method is too slow, so he usually drops down and crawls away. (Why mess with perfection?) We have caught him standing on his own for a few seconds or taking a step or two, so I'm sure one of these he will take of running!
Happy Birthday Daxton! We just love you and adore everything you do!!!
And here's a short video of him saying ma ma.... just so you can see how adorable he is too!

No comments:
Post a Comment