Saturday, December 4, 2010

Boo! From the Crew... 2010

Halloween was fun this year! Daxton followed in his big brother's footsteps and wore the lion costume. But why would you not want too? It's like the cutest stuffed lion costume ever! We even found the perfect color of pajamas to put underneath. 
He didn't wear his costume THAT long... it's pretty amazing I got him to leave the hat on as long as he did. The leaves seemed to be a good distraction. It's funny to think just a year ago I was carrying my sick little Isaac around on Halloween night leading to an early arrival (early by a couple days...) and now I have my darling little Daxton who is so big for his first Halloween! 
Isaac decided to be "tough" this year... he was IRON MAN! (The Silver One) and yes, that was important to him. For the past year he talked about what he was going to be. A blue or red power-ranger, Batman, Superman, a Dinosaur, Bumblebee Transformer etc...etc... and we FINALLY ended on a Silver Iron Man.
I made him lift up his mask to show me his face. He told me "he wouldn't look Iron Man." I told him, "I didn't care... I just wanted to see his cute face!"
We went to Grandma Nancy's house in the day for a cousin celebration. Grandma decided to be festive and "dress up!" I had to document it... it was too cute!

 We played games, made masks, and decorated cookies at grandma's Halloween party! Dax didn't care for the mask over his eyes but didn't mind it on his head for a minute. 

That night, it rained and rained and rained some more. I took Isaac to trick-or-treat at Rachel's house, we had to run in with an umbrella - it was so wet! We finally got a small break and him and Dallin went out for a while. Other then Isaac smashing his hand in the car door it was a fun night for them. 
And they got WAY to much candy! 
(Thanks Wade for making them go to a million houses!) 

The next day we continued the festivities at my moms Halloween party! The kids decorated pumpkins with big puffy face stickers. It was perfect! Not messy or time consuming. What a great craft!
 The kids loved them and they turned out so cute.
 Aleesha was true to her tradition of dressing like the villen... even though the Mad Hatter isn't as "villinish" as past costumes. She did a great job making her costume and even adding the perfect "girl" touches... blue eyelashes, teacup earrings, a pocket-watch that went backwards, and a teapot and cup attached at her hip! Mckenzie dressed up as Alice complete with pail white makeup... she was darling!
Another successful Halloween. Isaac's already planning what his costume will be next year... I think it will be a LONG year!

No comments: