Friday, December 24, 2010

Giving Thanks! 2010

I really need to stop playing "catch up" cause I can't remember the stories... but I guess remembering what we did is better then nothing! Thanksgiving this year was with my side of the family. In the morning, Brett took my baby boy shooting! ah! Really? I thought 4 was too little, but Isaac had a blast. Doesn't he look tiny holding such a big gun?


Dax and I went early to my moms to get set up. My sister, Aleesha said I was "The Thanksgiving Nautsee" ... I'm okay with that. I got it done! It was fun though, and we ate only a half hour later then what we said we would! And that is a record for my family who is usually running 1-2 hours behind schedule. So at least I kept everyone on task (And I'm not all bad, we had fun while cooking!) And my parents thanked my after for having everything run so smoothy and get cleaned up while doing it... thank you very much!

 Dax was a little scavenger. He was into everything! Literally. Cupboards and all.
When we were counting how many people would be at dinner, my mom counted Dax has a 1/2 person. I told her she would be surprised. She sat by him and was amazed how much my little "chunkers" could eat! He loved his first Thanksgiving Dinner!!!!
 Here's most of my family, minus Rachel's and Cord's family.
We had take two a couple days later with Brett's family. Tayven and Dax do well together. They get along, they share, Isaac hands him food, Tayven takes silverware from Dax... it's a great time!

And of course... that night my sisters and I left at 9 pm for Black Friday! I have so much fun! We got an early start because Walmart was opening Black Friday Toys at midnight. And it's a good thing when we got there when we did. My "electronic kids item" was going for already had a line! And there was only 30 of them, and only 15 of them were for boys. So for 3 hours I stood there. We got crowded by angry mothers. I made friends who those who were going to help each other get the games we needed and then got nervous and wanted to call Brett when the two big mean boys behind me and my cousin were plotting to jump over us and steal the "item." Nice. Some people! (Next time Brett said to call and he would come and protect me!)

We got in trouble for, "moving the display" and the whole thing was taken from us an hour before midnight. After vouching for who was there first, we were roped off and given a number to get our item at the sound of midnight. I got it! And it was an eventful night! The real electronics didn't start till 5, so we froze our buns sitting in-between the automatic doors and freezer section while getting Lizzy's prize items. We ended with a few more stores, eating breakfast with my cousins and aunt and ihop (while falling asleep) and getting home by 11 am. Long night, but lots of fun! Till next time...

1 comment:

Liz, Casey, Acacia and Josh said...

You love it. and you are hilarious..Thansgiving Nazi - a group of people, ruled Germany.. Nautsee? And everyone loved the time schedule -Casey was so pleased!