I found a few things I had written a while back that I didn't want to forget. Good thing I wrote them down, cause big shock... I forgot!
Way back in July, we were trying to get ready to go somewhere. I had told Isaac a small list of things to do. Go potty, get your jacket, get on your shoes... you know, the usual. A few minutes later Isaac shouted, "Mom! I know you told me to go potty and then a bunch of other stuff. I don't remember what it is, I'll I heard was blah blah blah!" At least he was being honest, right?
When my mom taught me how to do laundry, ironing was never a part of that. I can't even tell you the last time I picked up my iron... since I don't even own an ironing board. My mom taught me to "fluff" my clothes in the dryer (Brett loves this cause I am always fluffing things!) And then I hang them up, straiten them out, and hang them to dry. It's a lovely system! (Did I mention I hate to fold clothes, so it saves a lot of my time!)
Well, when we were on family vacation, Isaac had been exploring the house. He came running up to me and said, "Mom! This house is so cool! Look they have a surf board!" I smiled and laughed as I told him, "No son. That is an ironing board. " And sad to say, but his response was, "WHAT is an ironing board?!" That pretty much sums up how much I iron!
The day of Daxton's one year old birthday I really needed him to take a good nap so he would be happy for his party later. I told Isaac and his friend they HAD to be quite while Dax was taking a nap. Isaac said, "you mean, Daxy needs his BEAUTY REST for his BIRTHDAY!" Nice. What a sass.
No comments:
Post a Comment