Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daxton Doings! 11 Months Old

Daxton really is just a ball of fun! I don't know how else to describe him. Every time I see his little face, I just want to kiss him! He is at such a fun age and I just can't get enough of him. He is always smiling!

Daxton is really fast and goes wherever he wants to go. If you try and deter him, he will try and find a way around you. He is into everything! I can't keep him out of drawers, cupboards, the dishwasher (yes, I said that right... and he always pulls out the knifes! Never a spoon, always knife! Very dangerous!) Really any space he can squeeze into, (and can't) he will find a way. He knows how to crawl, but for the most part he still prefers to army crawl. Towards the end of 11 months, he really got the hang of normal crawling, but I wasn't going to rush him. However, I guess it would be good to learn considering he likes to stand up to his walker and take a few steps! 

His little mouth is so cute. He is constantly smacking his lips together and blowing bubbles. When you do something he doesn't like he now spits with his lips either to tell you he disapproved or just to get your attention. But I don't mind, cause it's really humorous. He is my little puppy. I will tell him to stick out his tongue and he does it. It's a fun trick. With all of his "mouth" tricks you think we would see some teeth. But no. I'm pretty sure he forgot to get in the line that was handing out teeth before he came to earth. Because at the age of one and still no teeth? Of course, I can't complain! I nursed for 12 months... so really I should just consider myself lucky! 
Daxy wants everything you have and everything you don't. He is pretty demanding for such a little guy! He's pretty good at screaming at whatever is in his eye view. He is always yelling at Isaac over something he wants and Isaac won't give him.  I actually have a little movie of that happening at the end of my post. Dax is trying to get into Isaac's desk drawer, (now we have taped it because Dax throws out all of Isaac's pencils.) But Isaac keeps closing his drawer, making Dax mad. Daxton's face and screech at the end of the video is just so typical of how life is around here. It's just comical! He really does know what he wants and how to "try" and get it. Maybe it has to do with keeping up with his big brother. Dax wants to do everything that Isaac does. I know when he starts walking, he will do everything his brother does, because he follows him from room to room already. I love when the boys play together. Isaac can make Dax laugh so hard! I just love it. It's music to my ears.

Sometimes at night, we lay Dax down knowing he's still very awake, but hoping he will fall to sleep. If Isaac isn't asleep then we have a lot of "silliness" happening in the room. Isaac knows he has to stay in his bed. But Brett and I will just listen as we hear A LOT of laughing, funny sounds, and silly screaming coming from their room. The most adorable thing about it is, I would have thought they would have had to be older to have so much fun together, but they have a great time together now! How could I be mad at that?

Dax acts like he can talk. I love when he looks at me and babbles for a while. It's like he's having a conversation with me and he knows what he is saying. His "words" are very few. Da da has now become a favorite around here. He says dad whenever he sees Brett or when he's calling to him. Mama is only for special occasions. Like when he wants me but I give him to Brett for a second, then he plays the "mama card" which makes me feel terrible so I pick him back up and take him with me. Man he's a tricky little thing!

Brett and I had a "date night" with the boys the other week. We went to Red Robin. The boys got balloons... which was awesome for them. It's amazing how happy a balloon makes a kid! I love them in their matching attire. It's hard to find since Isaac is getting out of the "T" sizes, but sometimes it works out. The boys were pretty good on our date. Well, Isaac was a little crazy and Dax was overly loud, but it's a pretty loud restaurant to begin with! Isaac wanted Mac n' Cheese. Which I guess paying $4.00 for something you can make at home for 88 cents is okay. But he only took a few bites. Normally, I would feel a little annoyed that we even got him food, but no worries, "Chunkers" (that's what we call  Dax when he is shoveling food into his face) ate tons and tons of the macaroni! We were all pretty amazed. You would think he would have been full, but no. He finished off strong with fries and applesauce! The kid can eat, and I'm so glad. I love my babies chunky! Actually, I know eventually they all get to the stage where you wonder what they are surviving on, so watching him so happy when he eats, makes me very happy! I love that I can't eat or drink anything without my sweet baby yelling at me to share with him.

Thinking of food, we are teaching Dax to take a bottle. How is it going you ask? So great! I remember with Isaac he was such a bum and didn't want anything to do with  bottle. Dax loves his ba-ba! And gets so excited to see it! He drinks it better warm, but cold will do in a pinch. We aren't totally switched over yet, but we are getting there.

A couple of days before he turned one, we switched him to his "big boy" car-seat. I really didn't want to, but we were in a pinch and were playing "musical cars" so Brett put him front facing for the first time. Oh boy did he love it! He didn't throw a fit getting in the car-seat and he's been very pleasant in the car ever since. And when I tried to put him back in his other car seat he was angry! He wasn't going to have any part in that. I'm a little sad he's out of his baby seat, that just means he's growing up to fast. But it is fun to see his little face in the car now.

Daxy loves his fingers. At first he would use them when we would ask them how old he was going to be. Then he would hold up one finger. On another day, Brett caught him getting into trouble and when he called his name, Dax put up his finger and moved it back and forth telling Brett "no". But now he uses his finger to place it in the tiny hole in his nose. He and Isaac both think it's hilarious when he sticks it in and pulls it out over and over again... at the dinner table. They both giggle and I think to myself, "This is how life will always be. Boys doing gross things!"
Tayven is Daxton's cousin whose just a few months younger then him. He doesn't get to see him as often as we would hope because they live in St. George, but it's fun to see how fast they are growing together. This last time Tayven was fascinated with Dax crawling away. It made it interesting to get a picture of them. They are both busy, always moving, and when Dax was done, he would crawl away! 

Dax actually had a scary fall the other week. He was in his walker and the gate to our steps was left open. He sailed all the way down, tumbling at the bottom. I was sick the minute I heard the first thump of the steps and no matter how fast I ran, I couldn't get their fast enough. I hate that. Luckily, the weight of Dax in the walker held him upright until he got to the bottom so he wasn't seriously hurt. Barley a scrape and just pretty scared. We got really lucky. Unfortunately, A few days later, sweet Tayven had a fall off the bed but hitting his head on the wall on the way down and resulting in a lot of air flights, hospitals, scans, and medical bills. After a lot of prayers and examining, he's doing really great now. These little boys are so precious and I am thankful there are little angels watching out for them to step in for us. I'm glad they have each other to grow up with! 

Dax still loves the water. Being in the water and being outside are his biggest joys in life! (And maybe eating.) We gave him bubbles for the first time and he looked a little concerned that these "things" were growing around him! He actually was a little upset the first time and I had to take him out and go stick him in another tub without bubbles. The second time we did it, he was more intrigued and started to play with them... until he ate them. We really haven't done bubbles since.

Grandpa Nancy was watching the boys a while ago and she took them outside to play. She imagined Dax sitting in the stroller, watching Isaac and just enjoying being outside SITTING in the stroller. Boy was she wrong! Dax wanted nothing of it. He screamed until he got out and she told me he was everywhere! Crawling to the dirt, all over the grass... busy, busy, busy! I had to laugh, cause it's so true. When we are outside one of his favorite things to do is crawl across the yard to visit Rosco (which is a long trek for him). He'll stand up to the cage and let the dog lick him. He will start putting his foot in the cage and I worry the dog will eat him so, I will come and get him and bring him back to where he started. He will get so mad and scream the whole way back. You think he would think of something else to do after that? But no. He goes right back to crawling across the yard to see Rosco again. Over and over again. He never just "sits" on the grass anymore. No, no. He's always looking for an adventure!

We actually gave him Isaac's little fire-truck car to sit on and ride on the sidewalk. Brett thought he would show him a good time, (without me around of course) so he stuck him on and put him in the garage so he could scoot to the edge before the driveway starts to get steep. Then Dax lifts his legs up and go's - zipping down our driveway! My 11 month old! Every time he does it, he has a huge smile on his face and the wind blows his little locks of hair around. Then when he's at the bottom, all he wants to do is do it again. He's quite the little dare devil! I'll have to post the video of it one day.

 Anniston is one of Daxton's new little friends. We actually watch her 3 days a week. She is really darling! She's 19 months old. They play pretty good together and are learning to share. One thing they have in common is their love of their blankets! Dax loves any blanket that is soft. The minute I hand him one, he throws his little face inside of it and snuggles in it. It's really cute to watch. Anniston loves one blanket... she has 2 of the same one because she loves it so much. She carts hers with her everywhere she goes. So between the two of them, they make quite the team! If Dax gets hurt Annie runs and gets his blanket for him. Occasionally, they will even swap... only for a minute though. Dax sleeps with so many blankets so nights, I loose count! He has to have them against his little cheeks.

And that last thing that tells me my baby boy is growing up so fast is he got his first haircut! I really didn't want to cut his hair. I loved the long locks that were curly. But when two of my sisters told me he had a little mullet, I gave in. Rachel promised she would only take off what was necessary. But he did look really handsome after! And he really loved his sucker. He even did a pretty good job of holding still. Rachel only had to do a few acrobatic moves! It's nice to have a sister in the hair business!

I really don't know what I would do without this little guy. When I was pregnant I remember thinking how could I ever love another kid as much as I do Isaac. Well, you just do! I just love both of my little boys with all of my heart. I can't imagine life without them, because they are my life!

To get a glimps of Daxton's darling and demanding personality, here's that video I mentioned!

No comments: