Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Look Mom! No Hands!"

Since Isaac has learned to ride a 2-wheeler, he's become quite the little "stunt man." I tried to fight it and beg him to "PLEASE not do such dangerous things on his bike." But what I have learned thus far about raising boys is the good old staying stands true, "boys will be boys." (And it doesn't help that his father is encouraging his stunts and telling him how cool they are come to find out.) Helpful. Very helpful.

Anyways, I've learned to squint my eyes and hold my breath watching him do his "tricks" and when he looks up at me with his big smile of accomplishment I smile really big back at him and tell him how proud I am of him! The picture above is not as scary to me as other tricks. This one he learned to do at Grandpa LaMonte's house. Apparently he had his bike there and told grandpa he wanted to learn all the cool jumps his dad used to do. So they started with the block. Later, they moved it over by the path, so he could zoom down and jump off. It's when he hit's the edge of the wood and I can see his tire slipping off is what makes me gasp!

At home, he has learned to "pop a wheely" I'm pretty sure he got this from the Jaussi boys up the street. (Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up most of these tricks from them, because he admires those boys!) He also turns his handle bars around and rides that way... really safe. Not. And I can't forget him zooming down Jakes steep driveway, making my heart stop every time he takes the sharp turn to then proceed down the hill at full speed with his legs flaring around to the side. "Look mom! Pretty cool, no feet!" He's 4 and he gives me small heart attacks all the time! I hope I can survive raising this boy! Now I'm just waiting for him to notice how his friend, Gage rides his bike along the curb. (Yes, Jason and Nicole... I am a overly paranoid! Brett thinks so too!)

1 comment:

Nicole Jaussi said...

Sorry Ashley! I hope my boys aren't a bad influence. :) I think you start getting used to the craziness. My boys scare my mom half to death all the time but I think I'm a little more immune to it now. :)