9 Months
I can't get enough of Daxton! He is just so darling. He's at one of my favorite ages. He has so much personality and he knows what he wants... and he's really too cute not to give it to him!
He's become quite the chatterbox. Listening to baby babble is like music to my ears! However, he does say da-da and ma-ma and when he's yelling at me he screams, maaaaam! I used to wonder if he really knew what he was saying, but I'm convinced he does. He's very consistent at getting my attention! He also puts his hands up when he wants you to pick him up. It's so cute, I can't resist put pick him up and kiss his little cheeks!
At nine months he was getting brave and standing up to everything. Now he's a pro. I'm convinced that he's going to skip crawling all together and just move onto walking. I know he knows how to crawl, but he won't. He crawls about 5 steps forward and then drops to his tummy and army crawls away. (Why mess with perfection? He's fast at it!)
When Isaac was little I was really strict about no sweets. I have really calmed down. I can't help but wanting Daxton to try everything! We took him to Arctic Circle and he chowed down on a baby ice-cream cone. Since then, he's had little cookies and treats. His newest thing he discovered was chocolate milk. Let me tell you, he LOVED it!
He loves to drink from cups. Any kind really. Bottles, sippys, glasses... the kid just loves to drink! When he hears the ice machine start, he starts squealing and looking around. When he spots who was getting the drink he yells at you until he gets a drink of your water. And once again, it's too cute, everyone gives in. Actually, he's pretty vocal. If he wants something, he will let you know. He screams and grabs things and is pretty demanding most of the time! The other day I was in the grocery store and he really wanted a bottle of soap I was buying. I didn't want him sucking on it, so took it away. Oh boy! That was the wrong move and he let the whole store know he wasn't happy about me taking it.
I can't stop taking pictures of Dax. He's just so cute. I love when he claps. When he hears the word "clap" he knows exactly what to do! If he hears anyone say, "yeah!" He claps. I watched him crawl on the grass the other day (10 months) and I said, "Yeah Daxton!" And I started to clap. Well, I ruined his crawl, but he dropped on his tummy and started to clap for himself. Here's a short little movie of when he first started clapping:
10 Months
We celebrated 10 months old with a bite of a Hershey Kiss... Dax went crazy!!! He likes chocolate.
The older he gets, the more curious he gets. He has this cute chair that he loves. But can he just sit on it? Sometimes. But I've found he prefers to climb on it. From a recent trip to Bear Lake he had the chance to experience climbing stairs for the first time. Now this little chair is like a step for him. Today I caught him standing all the way up on it. I'm surprised it didn't fall over. I smell trouble...
Daxton loves to eat! I think he eats as much if not sometimes more the Isaac! He has breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And demands more food if your eating without him. There is nothing I haven't found that he won't eat. (Well, except Macaroni. And who wouldn't love that? Maybe it's a texture thing.) We really don't feed him baby food anymore. He does really well with everything cut up tiny. Some of his favorites are, dinosaur chicken nuggets, white or sweet potatoes, quesadillas, pizza, fruit, cheese, bread with jam, smoothies, steamed carrots, and waffles.
Daxton has discovered his tongue. I know I say how "cute" everything is... but seriously, when you ask him where his tongue is and he sticks it out, it makes you smile. So tiny and cute. He is learning so much. Now that he knows where his tongue is, I might move onto eyes or nose. I would do teeth, but I think he forgot to get them before he left Heaven. He's 11 Months old now and still doesn't have teeth. (Amazing he can eat so much with gums!) Isaac was trying to "check" to see if Dax had teeth. He learned quick just because Dax doesn't have teeth, doesn't mean he can't bite! Isaac screamed and said, "I think Heavenly Father did give him teeth. He bit me hard!" Dax puts up with a lot from Isaac... like Isaac bit Daxton the other day. Why!? But Dax is learning to hold his own. Like, biting back and he is excellent and pulling Isaac's hair, really hard! (Don't tell Isaac, but some times I think he deserves it!)
A milestone happened at 10 months. Daxton learned to stand up in his crib. Once he learned to sit up from laying down, he learned to pull himself up. That to me means, my baby is not a baby. It's just not the same to walk into the room and see your baby standing there, smiling at you. Or in Daxton's case, sticking out his tongue and spitting. (Another favorite of his.) If I take too long to come get Dax he reaches his little hand out until he grabs the cord to his lamp. Then I hear a big crash... and down goes the lamp. I'm surprised it hasn't broke yet. (And yes, I do move it, but sometimes it gets pushed just over far enough Dax can grab it.)
Dax is a busy beaver. He never stops moving. He's really like a slippery fish. He's impossible to hold. He loves to crawl and explore. We have to keep the bathroom door closed because he likes to wander in there and stand up to the bathtub. That's a problem because he loves baths and he has tried to jump in by himself. If he crawls into the other bedrooms he is fascinated with shutting the door. Then he will realize he can't get out and start yelling, "moooom!" I then have to open the door with the tiniest crack and allow him time to move out of the way of the door. He loves this game. And always has a big smile on his face when he does it.
You think the grass would bug his little legs, but he doesn't mind it at all! He really likes to be outside, exploring, eating grass, swinging (which is a new favorite!) and seeing Rosco. Dax loves Rosco and gets so excited when he comes by him. Rosco is actually really gentle around Dax. He occasionally licks him, but the cutest is when he curls up and lays by Daxton. When he was small Dax really didn't mind, but the bigger Rosco gets, Dax is a little unsure about the whole thing.
Another game he loves, drop and pick up. The first couple times, I don't realize we are playing the game. I will just give him back whatever he dropped. Then again. and again. and again. Then Dax starts to laugh and squeal cause it's such a fun game!
Speaking of how much Dax likes baths, he really has turned into a little fish. He splashes and kicks now when you tell him to. He's learned the words and his happy to perform when told! When Isaac gets in the shower Daxton screams and makes his way to the bathroom. He expects to get in too.
Daxton is genuinely happy. He is always smiling. He loves his mom. This past month he has become possessive over his mom. He gets nervous if someone takes him away from me. Grandma Nancy is always saying, "Your mom's right there! You are just fine!" I have to admit, I don't mind it. It's nice to be loved so much! Dax gives me kisses when I ask for them. They are very slobbery and wet. And basically he tries to eat my whole face when he kisses me. But I love is cute kisses.
Dax is quite the dancer! He loves music. The minute I put on an up-beat song, his little legs start bouncing and he bops his head. If he's in his walker on an especially up-beat song, he really can bounce! He loves when I sing and play games with him. He likes Patty Cake and Itsy Bitsy Spider. He really loves when I dance with him. Mostly cause I'm crazy! I love dancing around the house with my boys. His favorite show is Mickey Mouse. He loves that mouse! When he hears the music start he goes crazy and starts bopping to the beat. He then gets fixed on the TV and just smiles why Mickey is on the screen.
Dax loves his walker. It's one of his many ways of being mobile. You have to watch our for your feet. I've learned to just lift up my toes when he comes by because I know they will get run over. He is so fast and just plows over anyone or anything in his way. He loves our lawn mower popper. Since he can't walk, he will push it around the house in the walker. He loves it!
A new favorite way of getting around is the little fire-truck. He's pretty stable on it, which surprises me.
Dax LOVES his blankets. I can't even count how many our in his crib at one time... maybe 8? His favorites are the "fuzzy" blankets. He knows it's time to take a nap when I give it to him. He grabs it and snuggles his face into it. Blankets really make him happy!
I know, everything he does is so adorable, darling, and cute! But that's the best part about this age... they can't do any wrong. I just love his face and want to smooch him all the time. It makes me want to run in his room now and wake him up and kiss him! Dax, I don't know what I would do without you. You make me happy every time I look at you. You bring such a sweet spirit into our home and family. We love you!

1 comment:
So adorable!!
Post a Comment