Thursday, July 8, 2010

Isaac's Swimming Lessons 2010

Another Summer = more swim lessons! We have been taking at Lehi Legacy, but it is seriously ridiculous getting signed up for their classes. Especially if you want your child to be in the same class with a friend. This is the 2nd year I had to sign up at 2:30 AM on the dot to ensure him a spot. Luckily I didn't get home until 1:30 am from Kenzi's graduation, so I just stayed up. I'm glad I did because within 5 minutes his class among others were booked. My friend tried to get her little boy in his class and she woke up one minute to late and had to sign her little boy up in another class. Ridiculous! But I think swimming lessons are important especially because Isaac has had 2 bad drowning experiences in his short little life time. Luckily, with all the practice it's not a fear anymore.

Isaac and his cousin Zander did manage to get signed up in the same class!


1st day of swimming... oh so exciting!
Isaac had the same teacher from last year, who he really liked. This year we signed him up for the Pre-K level 1 class. 

Jamie taught him out to float on his back and do a backstroke. But instead of having the kids flare their arms around backwards she teaches them 3 actions, 1st - Monkey, where both arms are tucked into the side. 2nd- Airplane, where your arms fly out. And 3rd, Solider, where there arms go around a come back down. This was such a fun technique and has really helped Isaac remember how to swim on his back.

He was so brave and learned how to hold his breath under water, breathe through his nose, open his eyes under water and many more things. I'm so proud of him! 

Isaac and Zan passed their class and have a bit more experience. Until next year...

Here's a little video for your viewing pleasure of how well he did in swimming. He continued to get better and learned to close his mouth a little sooner so he didn't swallow any water. Yeah for swim lessons! 

No comments: