I wrote this forever ago, and realized I never posted it, so it's out of order. But, at the end of March, my cute dad turned 60! It was fun to get together with my family and celebrate. I am very much a daddy's girl. I love him with all of my heart and love so much about him. For part of his present, I wrote 60 things that I love about him, one for every year of his life! The best part was, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it and it only took minutes to write down all the things I love about him.
60 Reasons Why I Love My Dad
1. You’re Funny, you can always make me laugh.
2. Righteous Priesthood holder.
3. Take such good care of mom.
4. Always told me you loved me – I never wondered if you did.
5. Patient.
6. Understanding.
7. Always believed in me.
8. Always willing to help anyone in need – no matter how busy you are.
9. Hours of helping me with homework (I bet you were glad when I was done with math!)
10. Helping me with my projects I think up.
11. Always willing to teach me – like you taught me the ban saw recently!
12. The way you learn and cook specifically to help mom.
13. Love that always showed your children how much you love mom and respect her.
14. Unselfish.
15. Giving.
16. Saint! – A word people have used to describe you my whole life… and I know it’s true.
17. Christ like.
18. Enjoy church history – like indexing.
19. We walk the same – at least that’s what I’ve been told in my life!
20. Made me feel important and like a princess.
21. Taught me how to play basketball and spend several nights playing together.
22. Always comforted me. Two things I remember was you always came to my room to hug me and once in Bear Lake you sat with me on the steps with bowl of peas that we shelled and ate together.
23. You have always helped me find my way in life, and not just when I would get lost driving, but spiritually as well.
24. Your maps! I don’t know how I would get around without them. I loved the noises you would make as you explained the direction I would be driving and the landmarks you would draw to help me know where I was.
25. Hard worker.
26. Your smile, it really is too cute!
27. Your dry sense of humor. It sometimes takes me a while to understand your jokes, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
28. Constant teasing.
29. You’re so bold. Our family wonders why I can talk to anyone. I think it comes from your boldness and mom’s chattiness!
30. Provided a wonderful life for me.
31. You baptized me.
32. Set a good example in all things, my favorite is that you were sealed to mom and wanted the same for your children.
33. You kept the spirit in our home.
34. You honored your parents.
35. You’re such a handyman! You can make just about anything! Your talent of making things out of wood amazes me.
36. Your love for sports! That’s why I have always liked BYU.
37. You show emotion.
38. Your silky pajamas – they are so you!
39. You have always made sure I was safe, still to this day I love that you walk me to my car.
40. Love for the scriptures.
41. You always turn to prayer. I have seen you so many times kneeling in prayer when I was young and it helped me do the same.
42. Love when you “get mad!” It’s so rare and it always makes me smile! (I sure I wouldn’t smile so much if it was me who you were getting mad at.)
43. Your car games and pretend drinks you would hand me in the car growing up – chocolate, strawberry… I do that now with my kids because of you.
44. How precise you are in all that you do.
45. Save things! There is a part of me that does this… good thing I have mom to balance out my other half!
46. You can make something into anything. You always seem to find just what I need.
47. Always going beyond the call of duty. (Just recently I asked if you would look at my tire and you made sure all of them were accurate!) You do this with everything!
48. When we walk together, you always “kick” me.
49. Always make the most in all that you do.
50. You can always make things fit! Whether it was packing for Bear Lake or sending me to school, the car is a puzzle and every piece would fit!
51. Love for your grandkids.
52. Your laugh.
53. Conservative, until the end! (Even when you have a new shirt you won’t wear it until a year passes and your other shirts have holes.)
54. You put others first.
55. You have so many “hats!” You’re really a Jack-of-all-Trades. (Father, brother, son, Dr., chef, painter, businessman, nurse, caregiver, gardener etc…)
56. Your garden! I remember you showing me different plants when I was little and handing me different things to taste straight from the garden, like a pepper! And you taught me how to shuck corn and not be scared of the worms. (ha ha)
57. Funny faces you make when we ask you to do something again.
58. When you call people “idiot’s.” It’s the worst word I’ve ever heard you use and it makes me laugh when you say it with such disgust!
59. My friends thought of you as their 2nd dad. What a tribute to you! Thank you for loving them and letting them be in our home at all times.
60. Because you’re MY DAD!!!
This list doesn’t even come close to the memories and things I love about you. I have always had you on a pedestal and you set the bar very high for the boy I was suppose to marry. Because of you and your amazing example I knew what I was looking for in an eternal companion and I found Brett. I am grateful you are my dad. I really don’t know what I would do without you. You are so amazing. I love you so much.
Happy 60th Birthday Dad!!!
Love, Ashley Lyn
The cake says, "An Oldie, but a Goodie!"
No comments:
Post a Comment