I've been wanting to do a little home makeover for a while, but I'm not that great at decorating and it takes money, so it's taken me a while! But, I think this is a pretty good start!
Take a tour with me and see what I've been up to! I love the vinyl lettering and finally decided on what I wanted to "say" on my walls. Brett told me he would have been more then happy to get a marker and write it on for me... it would have been cheaper, but I passed. Instead my friend Audrey printed these for me!
I know I'm cheesy, but I put some on my front door...

See, don't you feel welcome!

My living room is still in the works, but last summer I got the red couch from my grandma, later we added my brown recliner chairs, Brett got his precious TV (better to watch sports!), I recently found a console I loved, then we added shelves and pictures to help make the wall not look so giant!

Isaac of course had to jump in my picture! He loves me snapping photos of him. Brett found the little red shelves and we thought they were a fun touch to tie in the red couch. I am still trying to figure out what to put on them all. Also, the picture frame on the right currently has some children in it that we don't know... my father-in-law thought they could be grandchildren he hadn't met. But really, we are just waiting to find some artwork we like!

This is my newest and favorite frame I recently found! I have a lot of things that say, "family" but I couldn't help myself, I love it! I guess I'm all about FAMILY! Anyways, I feel like I take thousands of pictures and never print them or see them and they are just stuck in my computer. This way I can switch them out and I can see lot's of the fun pictures we take.
Above my kitchen table I put more vinyl. Originally it was suppose to have the word FAMILY going through it, but I opted to leave that out since I had several things that already said that.

It says, "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."
I've been wanting to decorate my room forever, but never found a bedspread I loved. I knew I wanted to use green because it's so peaceful to me. When we first moved in, I bought green bath mats and accents for the bathroom, thinking I would find my bedspread soon. (Boy, was I wrong!) Two years later, I made a huge mistake and I washed the mats with something red and my lovely green bath-mats turned, purple/brown. Awesome. So I considered going in another color direction until my sister, Rachel called me at 10:30 at night informing me she found a bedspread I would love! The next day, I went to see it in person, and she was right... I loved it! I love that it's green and brown because I feel so relaxed when I am in my room. And yes, I did re-buy green bath-mats!

Here's my Isaac, helping display my new bedspread! He's a good model. I love the color but we love that it's so warm! Brett is very thrilled about that because we had a duvet before that the stuffing spent more time drooping to the bottom then actually staying in place, so we would freeze! Now we are toasty warm! (Of course I'm sure Brett and I will miss having to shake and fluff our bedspread just to spread out the stuffing before bed!) I also found darling green lamps! My favorite feature is the "pull" chain that you click on and off!

We decided to put mirrors on the wall. We love them, although I think Brett would like to change how Ikea hangs their products. He's been a good sport!

On the other side we hung more vinyl letting. It says, "A True Love Story Never Ends..." The 3 pictures of us are from when we were dating, engaged, and married. You can also see my color of paint we chose! Brett and I painted on a Saturday and got the room put back together by nighttime. We didn't love painting with kids... but we sure were thankful for neighbors who took Isaac to a train show unexpectedly in the day! It really helped speed the process along. I think we will paint this same color in my bathroom next.

Here's a close up, just cause I love how it turned out!
To finish up my room I think I need a chocolate brown valance and a fake plant... the tricky part is finding one I like and that is reasonably priced!
And I know you will be thinking I got a bit out of control with the vinyl lettering, but I had come across a saying I fell in love with and had to put it in the boys room.

"Sometimes being a Brother, Is even better than being a Superhero!"
I just thought it was too precious!

And once again, Isaac saw me snapping a picture and insisted Daxton and him was in the picture with his words on the wall! He really loves the saying. But he does keeping saying, "but it sure is fun to be a superhero, huh mom!" Seconds after this picture, Isaac tripped (why did I let him hold the baby standing on a crib mattress?) and Dax had his first bonk from his brother... I'm sure that won't be the last.
It's been really fun decorating, but I think I am ready to take a small break... I can only handle so much! (And so can my husband and his wallet!)
7 comments:
Ashley, I really like the way that all turned out. It looks so fun to be able to pull everything together. I wish I had a house to pull together. One day! But I really do love all the things that you did with everything. I like the word art too. Looks great! Love ya
Tara
Wow!!! That all looks amazing. I love the vinyl and your new bedspread is gorgeous!
LOVE! Everything looks great, Ash! I like your big art with all the pictures and your console and all the writing on the walls and I especially like your new bedding! Seriously - looks awesome! Love you!
Ashley, the decorating looks darling. I love Love Love the red couch!!!!!
I love it. It looks great! I am glad you posted such cute pictures.
Love the decor! Everything turned out beautiful. And yes, I felt very welcome by your door. I was behind on 4 or 5 of your blog posts. Great read . . . funny Isaac - always popping into the pics and imitating Dax's voice! Thanks for being team college tour. Hope Dax enjoyed it too.
Everything looks so nice. And I love the pictures with Isaac in them. I always make my girls or Bonden be in my house pictures; it drives them crazy. Maybe I should have Isaac come over and pose for me instead! Wouldn't that throw my extended family for a loop--kind of like the mystery children in the picture on your wall.
Post a Comment