We had a fun Valentines this year! Isaac was so excited because he had a Valentines party with his preschool class. From what I was told, it was chaos passing out the Valentines, but a lot of fun! They Made darling valentine holders out of plates and Isaac made Brett and I a heart frame with his picture in it. He was so excited to give it to me! He came home with tons of Valentines he couldn't wait to open. He gave Power Ranger Valentines (which he says are sooo cool!) along with a fruit roll up and a lip whistle.
Isaac after his preschool valentine party!
On Saturday Grandma Nancy had a fun little Valentines day party with the grandkids. They got to make heart shaped pizzas, play valentines bingo, and make a heart craft! They had a blast. Grandma sent them home with a little valentine bag. Inside the bag she had sewn two paper hearts together with candy inside. Isaac thought it was so cool he got to rip the heart open to find out what was inside! Thanks Grandma, it was a hit!
That night Brett and I left the kids with his parents and went out to the movie, When In Rome. It was just what I needed! It's just nice being with my husband and having a conversation that didn't get interrupted with crying or someone saying, "I don't want to listen to what you guys are saying!" That night Brett gave me a new addition to my Kitchen Fairy collection. I can't even remember the last time I got one so I was so excited. I've never seen this new line before and Brett knew I would love it. It's the Kitchen Fairy from the 50's! She is holding a lollipop and she is standing next to a delicious ice-cream shake! And if you look close she even has poodles on her skirt... she's darling! Thank you honey.
On Valentines day Brett and Isaac fought over who was my valentine. Isaac kept walking up to me saying, "Hello, my valentine!" He would get really mad when Brett told him he was my valentine. So I had to settle it and say I had 3 valentines... Brett, Isaac and Daxton! I was just glad Isaac wanted me to be his valentine. Earlier in the week he had told me Taylor, a little girl from his preschool class was his valentine. I was sad, I don't want him to grow up that fast!This past month my sister-in-law, Emilee wanted me to do a craft with her... which I'm always a little leery of but it actually turned out pretty good! I've even decided I'm going to try and make a little something to add to my decor for every holiday this year! Em's idea was to make XOXO letters. She sent me a link of one that was so cute... just to help me get a good idea. Well, I was sold and that's the one I wanted! I made myself a pattern, had my dad bring me home some wood (it's nice to know a guy who has extra pieces of wood lying around on any given notice) and then I had him teach me how to use a ban saw!!! Yes, I used a ban saw and cut out my own letters! Brett was very impressed with me! The only thing bad that happened was when my sister, Rachel decided to come out and see how I was doing. She was standing behind me for a while watching and finally spoke up and said, "good job ash!" I had no idea she was there and she scared me so bad I jumped... I'm surprised I didn't loose my finger! But other then that I did pretty good!
After some paint, glitter, my husband getting cut with rusty wire, buying new wire, modge podging, gluing, adding a clear coat, and learning how to embellish the lips and hearts with a stamp pad.... it's finished! I have to say I'm very pleased with how it turned out!!
1 comment:
Looks like yall had a good Valentine's Day! We were sad we missed the special grandkid party. YOur xoxo turned out amazing. I'm just sad I'm too far away to craft with you. Did you get my email about doing "Lucky" for st. p's? I think I have email issues...sometimes I wonder if I ever push send. Anywho, I'm impressed!
Post a Comment