Christmas morning was so much fun when Isaac finally woke up! Brett and I had been up, fed Dax, put in my contacts and waited patiently for him to wake up. At 8:30 Brett couldn't stand it anymore and went and quietly woke up Isaac. He was so excited to find Santa left him a couple little presents under his tiny tree.

He was so groggy and excited but he still managed to say, "Mom! Santa wraps his wrapping paper in the same paper we do!" Who knew my 3 year old would notice all the details. I guess Mrs. Claus and I had the same taste in wrapping paper this year. She must shop at Costco too... with how many children she has to wrap for!

Isaac ran into the living room and was so disoriented but he noticed his stocking was filled and there were presents by the tree. However, he didn't notice the giant present under the blanket until we pointed it out. (Funny he notices wrapping paper, but a giant thing under a blanket he doesn't see?) He pulled it off and was thrilled to find Santa brought him just what he asked for, his very own basketball hoop!

I'm really impressed how good he already is. He shoots and makes it most of the time. He is so proud of himself that he learned to dribble and tries really hard to spin the ball around on his finger like his dad.

Dax gave Isaac power rangers... which is his new favorite thing. Isaac acts like a power ranger most of the time! And Isaac gave Dax a gumball machine the spits out balls. I'm sure he will love it in a few months. Dax got tired after all the excitement and went down for a little cat nap after opening his first present.

Before Christmas Brett asked Isaac what he wanted to get me. Isaac told him a necklace that was blue. Brett took him to the store and Isaac picked out the cutest little person charm with a blue stone for the tummy and it also had wiggly arms and legs. The lady kept asking Brett if he was sure he didn't want that in my birthstone color... she obviously didn't understand my 3 year old who really wanted a blue necklace for his mom. It is the cutest necklace ever and it reminds me of my boys when I wear it. There was one day I didn't wear it and Isaac asked me if I didn't like his present he gave me. Oh I felt terrible! Since then, I wear it most days and it makes Isaac smile and he looks at it and says, "you must love my present I gave you mom!"

Isaac made Brett a hot chocolate mug. He had special markers and he drew pictures of everyone in the family on the mug, even Koda. He was really proud of his artwork.

Isaac got a watch, which he has been wanting for months! It's been very helpful as he is learning his numbers and he can attempt to tell me the time. It's also helpful especially cause I never wear my watch.
It wasn't planned, but this Christmas was the Christmas of shoes for our family!

When Brett was little he had cowboy boots that he loved and has always said, his son would have cowboy boots too. This was the year! Brett gave Isaac a pair of new shiny cowboy boots. Isaac loves them! Like father, like son.

I know, this is so not a good picture of me! But I was so impressed with Brett this year. He totally went out of his comfort zone and picked out some great shoes for me! He was sick of me wearing my ratty, old, white, sketchers with no back in the snow and freezing as I would go to church in sandals. So he bought me 2 different pair of boots. The first pair were some comfortable brown boots I could slip on and run out the door at any given notice and not get my feet soaked. The second pair were a beautiful tall pair of leather boots. I can't believe he picked them out by himself. He did a great job! I never looked myself because I had too many stipulations I was looking for. For ex: couldn't be a pointed toe, brown, zip up, not a pointy heel but still something that would give me height. And knowing all this he still bought me some! I just love him and felt really loved that he would go to so much trouble for me. And while I'm on the subject, he also got me a really wonderful pillow massager. He really knew exactly what I needed this year and spoiled me to pieces!

Brett got shoes too... I guess we were all in dyer need! Unfortunately I can't pick out men shoes to save my life. Every-time I try, Brett and I disagree... so he may have known about these a couple months before Christmas. But he was pretty patient and waited to get them.
Even Daxton got shoes... they were rattle slippers, but still they go on his feet!

Isaac got his Buzz and Woody. He carts them everywhere with his Power Rangers. He loves action figures!

Isaac cut a big hole in his spider-man pj's a few months back and was so sad about it. He loves to wear them and "web" people. So he was pretty thrilled to have a new pair!

Dax and Isaac Christmas Morning

Grandma and Grandpa D. came out to see us in the morning. Dax even woke up to see them and open a couple of presents. Santa brought clothes for baby Dax as he was in need of some winter apparel!

I love that Dax and his stocking were about the same size!

Isaac got a little silly and wrapped himself up.

And then wrapped up grandma.

It was a really great Christmas morning! There is nothing more that I love then being together with my little growing family.

My 3 darling boys waiting for mom to get ready.
In the afternoon we went to Brett's parents house and had a delicious family dinner. Great Grandma N. had sent home stylish puffy vest for Isaac and a darling baby outfit for Dax.

Aunt Peggy sent home a bow and arrow that Isaac was ecstatic about! He has two neighbor boys who loves bow and arrows and has made Isaac love them just as much. I didn't think he would be able to figure it out, but he proved me wrong. He can fling that arrow pretty far!

Great Grandma D. came for dinner and FINALLY got to meet her newest great grandson!
After dinner we skipped over to Highland to see my family.

I just love this picture. Isaac looked so thankful for the Handy Manny motorcycle movie.

My parents also gave him the matching Handy Manny Motorcycle to fix! He has gotten pretty good at it. His favorite thing is listening to the "glug" when you fill it up with the gas can!

Daxton got a cute ball popping train that he will eventually be-able to follow around when he learns to crawl. We were so tired by the end of the night, I'm not sure what happened to taking pictures. But my mom gave me the cutest snowy trees to stand next to my Willow Tree Nativity and Brett got oodles of scripture CD's to listen to as he drives to work. It was a very fun, long day and so fun to spend it with family!
No comments:
Post a Comment