Saturday, November 14, 2009

Big Brother Meets Little Brother

Because of the swine flu, Isaac wasn't allowed to go to the hospital. He met his baby brother 4 days later. He seemed really excited and it was so cute to watch him stare into the car-seat at his new brother. He had really wanted to buy the baby a present and he picked out a Baby Pluto stuffed animal months ago! (I think it's because he really wanted the Mickey Mouse.) We brought these stuffed animals to them and Isaac was so excited! Later that night we had told Isaac that Pluto and Mickey were best friends. He said, "so that means Dax and I can be best friends too!" He also told me he will hug his Mickey every night and Dax can hug his. Then he mentioned, Dax doesn't know how to hug yet, so that's a skill we are working on.

He didn't hesitate at all and he wanted to hold Dax right away.
 
He did a great job! And he held Dax for a long time.

Brett and Isaac bought me a present. I love the Willow Tree statues and they bought the "Cherish" one with the mom holding her new boy and hugging her older son. So darling!

I wasn't feeling very well the day I came home because of the T-DAP vaccine I had in the hospital. I wish I would have gotten it the first day I was there instead of the last, cause it made me really sick. So we came home and everyone was exhausted, including Isaac....

The biggest surprise I had coming home was to a beautifully cleaned house! I know Brett came home and picked up and my sister Rachel and her husband cleaned it from top to bottom! Thank you guys! It made my day!

Isaac has enjoyed holding Daxton every chance he gets.

I must say, he is so sweet with him and takes good care of him! 
He loves to poke his little nose and tell me how little it is.

I look terrible cause I didn't feel well, but it was so fun holding both of my boys at the same time!

It's been a long week and I can tell it will take a while to adjust to having 2 kids, especially when I try and leave the house, but it's been fun having a newborn in our house again! Brett's not used to not getting much sleep, so he has seemed especially tired this week.

Welcome to our family, Daxton! We love you!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Welcome to little Dax! I am so glad I was there and able to meet him. Love you!