Saturday, November 14, 2009

2 Weeks Down!

Tomorrow Daxton will be 2 weeks old. Time flies when you are tired! We have had him home for just over a week and it's been quite the adjustment. Isaac is learning new ways to get moms attention... mostly by being pretty loud and throwing more fits... it's been fun. But he's also kept busy with some fun new presents people have given him as a Big Brother gift.

My parents gave him this darling remote control car that he can't get enough of and drives everywhere!

When he's not testing my patience, he is checking on Dax. He really loves him and is interested in everything he does. The funniest thing to me is Dax is so little, Isaac can never find him. He will run in the room asking why Dax is crying and where is he? But he can never see where he is! It's pretty funny!

Since the day we brought Dax home Isaac has been constantly trying to entertain him. The problem is Dax won't keep his eyes open long enough to be entertained! Isaac has played peek-a-boo and brought out every toy he owns to show Dax and every toy Dax will one day play with. He shakes the rattles and piles them up on his brother hoping he will play back..... one day he will. In the meantime, Isaac really enjoys him sitting in the bouncer watching him play with toys. (Even if he does fall asleep!)

We haven't ventured too far from the house. Just to visit grandparents and go to the Dr's. Isaac always talked about being a big brother and always told me, "If the baby drops his binki, I will give it back to him." He had a chance to test this out on one of our first drives. I couldn't reach Dax so I asked Isaac to put his binki back in. He tried and Dax spit it out. Thinking he would try again I looked back when Dax didn't stop crying. I saw Isaac covering his ears saying, "I DON'T LIKE THE NOISE HE'S MAKING!" Isaac is getting more used to that noise because it's a sound Dax makes often in our house. (And I have a feeling it's not going to stop anytime soon!)

Isaac loves holding Daxton every chance he gets. He's been interested in how he eats and tells my family he drinks milk from his mommy's tummy. (I'm good with that!) He loves to climb up on my lap and help me burp the baby. Bretts says it's like Daxton is getting a beat-down from his older brother. We are teaching him to be really soft with Dax, he's done a pretty good job. Isaac doesn't have a lot of volume control so at least Dax is learning to sleep with noise!

Daxton watching his first of many football games... he looks thrilled!

Brett noticed his football was pretty close to the same size as Dax, it made us laugh so of course we snapped another picture!

Dax's plumbing is really good and he has wet all over his parents a few times. Because of this he has gotten quite a few baths. He screams through the whole thing. Today he even looked like he was getting real tears in the corner of his eyes! I felt so bad.

My 3 boys together! I love this picture!

The other morning, Isaac curled up on the bed next to Daxton and told me they were" bestest buddies!" Even though Isaac has been acting a little crazy this week, I'm really glad he loves his little brother so much.

I just love these two boys! Isaac looks giant to me now.

I know it will take sometime getting used to life, but in the meantime, I'm grateful for a healthy baby, a son who loves his new little brother, and a husband who has treated me like gold! The last few nights Dax has been sleeping at least 3-4 hours at a time at night. Brett and I feel so lucky to get that much sleep in one sitting! Even though at times we fall asleep sitting up, I love the feeling of a new baby in our home and how it brings everyone together. I can tell this will be a fun adventure!

10 comments:

The Armstrong Article said...

Ashley! He is so arodabe. I completely relate to Isaac's behavior. Dean was exactly the same. He loved/s his little sister to pieces, but waskind of a little devil for us! If you need anyhting, call me! 801-735-4545

*Kalin

Shannon said...

Too Cute! Amber told me she loved meeting your newest little baby and that he really is adorable. I still can't believe we are old enough to have kids, but life moves on with or without us I guess. Glad to see you are doing well.

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

What a sweet family! You are a lucky mom.

Amber said...

hahaha! I loved that Isaac said, "I don't like the noise he is making!"... so funny! I just love those boys, they really will be the bestest of friends. I am glad that you guys are getting settled in. Such a beautiful family!

Tim & Tash said...

It's always fun bringing a newborn home to meet the sibling. Sounds like Isaac is adjusting pretty well though. Newborns are the best!! Hard to believe my baby is 6months old. Congrats to you guys!! Hope you are recovery well.

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

Ah! SO cute! hope you are feeling better than ever! I will have to stop by and see your new little guy since I'm a hop skip and jump away now! Love ya! Congrats!

Debra said...

I love the picture of him next to the football. It really shows how tiny he is.

Anonymous said...

Ash your baby is adorable. I don't do facebook much so i didn't even know you had him until just a little bit ago. I'll come visit xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! He is so sweet and so little! What a cute family!

Lyme Girl said...

Love your winter blue boy blog! You always did have a lot of "boy" friends. And you are still hanging out in boy land. Love the pics and funny stories!