Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Baby Story...

I absolutly love my Dr. but for some reason on both of my due dates he was scheduled to be gone on vacation. This time instead of going over a whole week waiting for him, (not by choice) he got back on Halloween. I had planned my delivery via c-section, 3 days later. In my mind this was perfect! Halloween would be over, my house would be cleaned and Thanksgiving decor up, and all my bags would be packed. Being able to plan is the best! 

So you can imagine my surprise a few hours after Halloween was over, that I went into labor. The house was a mess, things were not packed, Isaac was sick, and the decor hadn't been changed. My rule was that my baby could NOT be born on Halloween day. He listened, but not by much. On November 1st and 5:30 in the morning, I was woken by some sharp pains in my stomach. More annoyed then ever (and not realizing what they were because it never happened with Isaac) I paced back and forth trying to make them go away. They would leave and I would lay back down trying to get my extra hour of sleep from daylight savings. (Not that it was much, because we had been up with Isaac all night.) Eventually I started to realize every 7 minutes I was being woken by these pains. So I calmly told Brett what was happening to which he responded, "Are you kidding?!" He was excited and I was in disbelief thinking it was false labor. He found himself pretty funny telling me exactly when my next contraction was. He was right. I realized I could very well have this baby today and I hadn't finished packing, my camera was filled with Halloween pictures and my camcorder didn't have a new tape in it! So I started running around the house stopping every 7 minutes waiting for a contraction to pass.
Brett relized he needed to get up call the Dr. and quickly shower. Before we got that far, I ran to the bathroom and realized my water broke. I told Brett if he wanted that shower he better take it fast cause we had to go! 

Poor little Isaac woke up and he was so confused! He didn't feel well and didn't understand what was going on. He had only gone to bed a few hours earlier. He had been laying on my stomach laughing that Dax was kicking his ear. After the baby fell asleep and Isaac couldn't see him move anymore, he asked if the baby went to sleep. I said, "yes. He's very sleepy." Isaac said, "I am too." and he went to sleep! Like it was ok to sleep cause his brother was. I thought it was so sweet. Well his tune changed when he realized it was the baby making me in so much pain. I tried to explain that the baby was so silly and decided to come early. Isaac ran into his room and showed me his chain on the wall...


He informed me that they baby could not come yet because we hadn't reached the bear on his chain! Oh if everything could be that simple. We met grandma and grandpa at the hospital and they took Isaac home. I was so sad I wouldn't see him for 4 days but excited to meet my new baby.

We were escorted into a room for all the prep work but the Dr. still had a delivery and a surgery before me plus my Dr. hadn't arrived, so we sat and waited. Brett was baffled! He said this isn't how it happened on the Bill Cosby show. When a woman's water broke he was out the door running! Instead we had time to talk. Brett realized he made a rookie mistake and didn't take the time to eat breakfast. It would be almost dinner by the time he would get to eat.... nice! I didn't feel bad for him. 

We went into surgery where I was greeted by Dr. Watabe and Dr. Hasket. Dr. Hasket told me he hoped Dr. Watabe remembered how to do a c-section because he had been away for so long. And with that, Dr. Watabe said, "Don't worry, I googled it!" Everything went smoothly. I can't believe how much I fell in love with my new baby boy the second I heard him cry. I patiently waited while they checked him and then they brought him over for me to look at. I loved him instantly! All I could think of was that he was so little! Having a 8 lb 8 oz baby before, my 7 lb. baby looked so tiny!!! And his chin was the cutest thing I had ever seen! So without further adieu, let me introduce to you...

Daxton LaMonte 
Born: November 1, 2009 @ 9:50 am
Weighing in at 7 lb. 2 oz. and 18 1/2 inches long
He has lots of dark hair, especially in the back!

Proud Parents: Brett and Ashley

He loves his binki!

Mommy and Baby Daxton

Daddy and Daxton

My little pea in a pod

We can't get over how much him and Isaac don't look alike. Isaac had such broad shoulders and a big head, Dax is little all around. He does have big hands and adorable little feet! My mom thinks he has my Grandpa Milt's head, so tiny.

He even looks smaller to me when Brett holds him!

We had so many visitors, here are just a handful of the ones I remembered to take a picture of. Some had to wait patiently to see him until they weren't sick. Thank you to everyone who has supported us, helped us, and brought in meals. We have appreciated it so much.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

He's so perfect! Congratulations you guys! I'm glad everything went smoothly!

Amber said...

Good job Ashley! Labor is no fun, but he is so cute!
I totally laugh about your water breaking--Mark and I thought the same thing when my water broke, that we only had maybe hours if not minutes until the baby was born. It is so not like on TV! :)
Congrats!

Heather said...

Congrats! I just wanted to say that I am so glad you went ahead and used the name! I would have felt so bad if you hadn't because we moved in. :) He's such a cute little guy! Can't wait to see him!