Saturday, November 14, 2009

To Infinity, And Beyond!

Here's cute little Isaac sporting his Halloween Costume: 
Buzz Lightyear!

We bought the costume and borrowed his cousins jet pack, gun and gloves. I must say, I'm excited to give back the gun... it's so loud! Brett found a matching Buzz Lightyear bucket that he said, "Isaac just had to have to go with his costume!"

The day before Halloween, Isaac got croup. I've been trying to keep my family well and away from germs all month anticipating the arrival of our new baby. I relaxed a little the week before because of all the parties.... then Isaac got sick. We had a couple of nights sitting in the cold to help Isaac's cough, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Too bad he wouldn't take the medicine the Dr. gave him. He threw it up instead... nasty stuff! The Dr. said he would be fine to still go trick or treating as long as he wasn't inclosed at parties with kids... so I guess Halloween must go on!

He hung out with his little neighbor buddy, Dallin. Dallin had borrowed Isaac's Mile Wazowski costume and he looked darling in it! Isaac had to pretend to shoot everyone in his path. 

Isaac and Dallin

As scary as it can be to go stand at the door and say, "Trick or Treat" the boys did a pretty good job. Sometimes they just stood, stared, and stuck out their bucket... but they were darling doing it!

While we were walking around the block the boys ran into their other friends, the two batmans, Ammon and Dighton. I could tell Isaac was wearing down, especially when he looked at me and said, "mommy, I'm so tired and thirsty!" I felt so bad for him. Brett got stuck handing out candy so even though I was 9 months pregnant, I picked up my little 3 year old boy and finished walking around the neighborhood back to our house. My neighbors tried to hold him for me, but he wanted his mom. They were concerned it might put me into labor but because I was a week over with Isaac I knew it wouldn't happen. (Oh how I underestimate what can happen!)

Isaac got a lot of candy and he was pleased as punch! It was a very successful night of Trick or Treating. I even broke my family tradition of corn bread and chili and made clam chowder instead... I think I continue with clam chowder next year! It was delicious! 

Ashley 9 months prego.

I've tried not to take a lot of pictures of myself these last few months because I felt like a giant ball! But, for posterity purposes and because I wasn't expecting what would happen a few hours later... I thought I would show what I looked like before our little bundle of joy came into our family! 

No comments: