I recently bought a new car (which I have yet to post about) but non the less, I am quite thrilled about it. I got my mats and wanted to re-vacuum the floor before I put them down. As I was vacuuming Isaac shouted, "mom I need to get out!" I looked up and before I could even blink my eyes, my sons cheeks were puffed out like a chipmunk... I knew that look. I couldn't jump out of the car to grab him fast enough. It was too late, he threw up, all over my new car. Today I am very grateful we went with leather seats. As I tried not to be sad over my new car and care for my son covered in throw-up, my sweet little boy still managed to mumble out... "I am so sorry I frew up in your new car!" Me too, was all I could think.
My plans for the day had changed and luckily I was caught up on laundry and housework, so I decided to finish my car and sweep out my garage. That led to sweeping my porch, which then made me see sider-webs. I proceeded to take the hose and spray them down. While I was doing this I accidently hit a beehive I didn't see, which didn't make the bees very happy. They came buzzing out mad as hornets! As I continued to dodge them and attempt to spray the spider-webs, the biggest, blackest, puffiest spiders crawled out from their hiding spot, also VERY mad I had disturbed them. This was too much for me. I shut off the water and ran me and Isaac inside away from all the angry bugs.
I had picked yet another zucchini so since I was home, why not do something with all of them? I shredded a bunch of it and cubed some for a casserole. Isaac was clinging to my leg as I was trying to finish washing the dishes. In my attempt to "hurry even faster" while I was washing a sharp knife, I sliced my thumb... I'm still wondering if I should have had it looked at. Isaac cringed at how much blood he saw, later telling Brett "mom cut off her thumb." So onto holding my son I realized something was wrong with my other hand. It was like I had dipped it in rubber cement glue and it had dried! Washing and scrubbing didn't seem to help either. Who knew zucchini had such power to stick to your skin?!
The day has continued like that... some days I wonder, why I woke up.
*To top off my night, I have found laughter is the best medicine and I am grateful for my son. As I was rambling to Brett (he thinks I was scolding him) about several things, my naked son, Isaac (who just had a bath but still was not getting dressed) looked up at me and said, "are you going to cry?" I looked at him and said, "no! go get dressed!" He wobbled out of the room saying, "alright, alright... but don't cry about it!" Brett and I bust up laughing over my 3 year olds remarks. Next thing we knew Isaac came scooteedooting (what he calls riding his scooter) into the room, butt naked, underwear in hand, screaming... "ZOOOOM!" It really made a funny end to my day.
3 comments:
I'm sorry you had a rough day. Esp with the car. Maybe just stay inside tomorrow and don't clean anything LOL!
Wow, I really hate days like that! Hope you're doing better!
Wow what a day! You poor thing.
I hate those days!
Post a Comment