Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Boy and His Dog

Isaac and Koda have always had a love - hate relationship. I love that both of them are getting older because I can tell the "hate" part is going away. I think it's sweet when Isaac gets mad when we go to put Koda away and he wasn't ready for her to go into her cage. He loves her to be out by him. They respect each others toys now and Koda is very kind when standing by Isaac.

The other morning we were getting ready for our morning walk. I had forgotten the bug spray but I didn't trust Koda outside without someone watching her, nor did I want her walking through my house. I told her to sit at the back door (which she did) and I gave Isaac the leash to hold to make him feel special. He was a little hesitant at first but when I came back he had a big smile on his face while he was petting Koda. He gave her a big hug and said, "Mom! She listened to me and let me hold her leash!" He was so proud!

As much as dog kisses gross me out, Brett told me the cutest story tonight. They were outside and Koda walked up and licked Isaac on the cheek. He smiled, looked at Brett and said, "she gave me kisses because she likes me!" I am so glad they get along. I love that they can grow up together! 

No comments: