Friday, July 3, 2009

"Ah! This is the Life!"

When we got back to St. George from the Grand Canyon, I can't even count how many hours Isaac spent in the pool. He was so happy to be out of the car and in the water... he was totally relaxed!

His cousins inter-tube was his favorite thing. He would lay like this and actually say, 
"Ah! This is the life!" 
Excuse me? How old are you? Three? Or thirty?! Where do kids come up with the things they say? 

I enjoyed playing in the pool as well. But you think one of these days I would learn my lesson. I had lathered Isaac up in sunscreen and then forgot to have Brett put some on my back. I made an attempt while putting sunscreen on my neck, but couldn't quite reach the rest. Then I forgot. I still have a hand print on my back from where I stopped applying. (This has been very comical for a lot of my family because we had swimming lessons right after our trip and they got to see my lovely burned hand print everyday!) 

Our last day in St. George everyone took the kids to the Splash Park. I wish I would have been with them but I went to visit with my grandparents while I was there. Lucky for me my sister-in-law Shaylah loves to take pictures and captured practically everything that happened! I felt like I was there! 

Looking at these pictures I can tell all of the kids had a ball! It makes me wish we had a splash park close to our house. The one thing I'm glad I don't have is red rock. Isaac's shirt hasn't been the same since, even with scrubbing, soaking, and bleaching! 

It was such a fun trip! It was fun to get away, spend time with everyone, laugh, swim, shop, eat good food, and toss around baby names! (Still yet to be decided!) So until next year, that's the end of another fun family vacation!

2 comments:

Debra Goodey said...

oh my goodness, you got such cute pictures. I love the way you have them laid out. Vacations are where it's at huh?

Lyme Girl said...

Isaac's sayings are the best! What a character. I enjoyed reading about your vacation on google reader. LOVE that! Glad you can say you've seen other places besides Bear Lake. Isaac would have made a great fun in the sun Bear Lake baby!