Sunday, June 14, 2009

OH BOY! Here we go again!!!!

Last Wednesday, we found out the gender of our sweet baby! Then we left for a family vacation... leaving some of you wondering until now. Sorry about that! But the results are in... 

WE ARE HAVING A BABY BOY!!!!!

Here are his busy, moving legs!
Brett proved me wrong again, what else is new?! I should just learn to listen to him. The baby kicks me a lot now. I think this is what tipped Brett off. Anything that kicks this much has to be related to Isaac and Brett. Strong legs and very busy! I'm starting to fear what I've got myself into. Counting Brett, I will have my hands full with THREE very busy boys!!! (Hopefully just the two on a daily basis!)

Here are his 2 cute feet!
I am really thrilled to have another boy. Isaac will be such a great big brother and I know he will teach him everything he needs to know. Isaac was at the ultrasound with us and was very excited to learn he was having a baby brother. (Although he thought the heartbeat looked and sounded like a shark.) He immediately let me know, he would share his toys. (Good thing, cause we have a lot of boy toys!) I also have a lot of boy things, which is also good. I will be switched in the clothes department because Isaac was born in May leaving me with warm, short outfits... I don't think this new baby will feel too warm dressing in shorts when he will be born in November. Guess I get to go shopping for baby things!!! I just love to pick out tiny, tiny, baby clothes! I've already picked up a pair of the tinniest, cutest pajamas that he will probably only fit into for a month!

As far as a name, I'm glad I have some time to think about it, cause as of right now... I don't have one name I really love. If I go with Isaac's name, the baby will be named "Max" from his favorite show, "Max and Ruby." All I can say is, I better think fast! (Unless my son turns out to be a rabbit!) So if you have any good suggestions for me, send them my way! 

I was thrilled  to learn our baby is healthy and strong. He was very stubborn in the ultrasound and we couldn't get him to move a lot... except for his already busy legs. He kept his arms close to his chest and wouldn't turn so we could look at his face or much of the top of his head. Because of this, I will have one more ultrasound next month to check on all of his measurements. I don't mind one bit! I'm excited to see him continue to grow. I can't wait to meet this new little bundle of joy and welcome him into our family! Brett couldn't be more thrilled. He has always wanted a lot of boys and he is just so proud we are having another one. I guess I better get prepared and learn to love sports, because I'm sure two boys will keep me busy! 

15 comments:

The Armstrong Article said...

Congratulations! How exciting for your little family! Yay! Keep us posted!

Kalin

Andrea said...

Congratulations Ashley. So excited for you.

Audrey said...

How exciting! Isaac is such a doll you should have lots and lots of boys!

Nicole Jaussi said...

Yeah!! Another boy! That's so exciting. I LOVE having my two boys together. They have so much fun playing. Isaac will love having a brother. Congrats!! Hope you had a fun trip. I'll chat with you soon. :)

Stacy said...

I'm glad you finally got around to letting us know! ;) So excited for you to have another boy! And as for a name, I'm still voting for little Edward...Eddie for short!!

Jeana & Jonathan said...

Ash- You know I couldn't be more thirlled for you and Brett. We are so excited for you guys. This means Adie will adore your new little boy just as much as she adores Isaac. You are a fantastic and amazing Mom and I know this baby will love you just as much as Isaac does. Congrats again and let me know if you need anything at all!! Love you!

Amber said...

Yay!! I am so excited that you will have a mini Isaac running around (well not running quite yet)! Congrats! Love you!

Jamie and Family said...

Awww, brothers. So fun!

My girls LOVe Max & Ruby too. Peyton always tells me "Mom, Max is so funny!". Aside from that cheesy show, Max is a cute name!

Angela said...

I'm happy for ya Ash. That will be fun to have two boys that can be best buds. They will play so good together. Well, sometimes. Even brothers I'm sure can fight like the best of um. Isaac's 3 year pic's turned out so cute! He is such a darling boy. We will be living real close when you have this baby, so if you need any help or need someone to take Isaac we would love to do anything!!! And as far as name suggestions go, I can't share mine because I don't want them taken. He He. Good Luck!

Byron & Lori Orton said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you. Best of luck in the coming months. :)

Debra Goodey said...

Take it from me, boys are so much fun. You will enjoy having brothers in the family. They will play so cute together. Congratulations!!!

jackie said...

How exciting! I think Isaac will love having a brother and they will have so much fun together! Kenna is sure excited to have a sister!

I actually love the name Max. We have a little neighbor boy named Max about Kenna's age. She actually loves that show too! Glad you didn't make us wait any longer to know what you're having. I was so excited to know!

Amber said...

Congratulations Ashley!

Los Alexander said...

Congratulations again! We are so happy for you and for Isaac too, he is going to be a perfect big brother!

I want all boys. I know...is not going to happen :(

I love to look at names and write them down. My latest favorite is Dane, but I also like Oliver, Jace, Miles, Brock and the list goes on and on.
Don't worry every time I read this names to Wade he always goes: uuuggghhh! horrible!
I love the name Isaac, so I'm sure you'll come up with something cute and unique like his name.

Lyme Girl said...

Love the cute baby pics. Looks like there's a lot of Max lovers out there like Isaac! Or you can always call him Ruby.