Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bugs... BITE!

There are times when you are a parent you feel completely helpless. 
This is one of those times.

Now before you go running to call child services, this little swollen eye is from a bug bite... I'm almost positive it was a mosquito. I am pretty allergic to certain bug bites and have noticed Isaac is too. Yesterday, I thought it was a bump because he runs into a lot of things. Towards the end of the night I realized it was a bug bite because he kept itching it. We tried to put everything imaginable on it to make the itch go away. No such luck. He woke up at 5 am and I noticed his eye had started to swell... and swell... and swell some more. By the end of today he looked like he just got back from a fight.

We have been giving him Benadryl every 4 hours to help the swelling, but I'm learning quickly that's all I can really do. He's still in good spirits though... see he's even trying to crack a little smile! (However, I don't think he is used to the reactions on people's faces when they see his little face yet... we are trying to keep it light around here so he doesn't get upset.)
 
I've done everything possible to keep his little hands busy so he will stop itching, picking, and scratching at his eye. What better way then finger painting! 

He had a ball experimenting with colors and in the end he even painted most of himself. 

It was nice to see him so happy though! He hasn't acted like himself today.

Brett hadn't seen him until after work. He was quite surprised when he got home. He felt terrible! Both of us felt so bad we pretty much let Isaac do what he wanted today. Brett even insisted that we make him and ice-cream shake tonight. (Ice-cream is always suppose to make things better.) Here's to hoping the swelling will go down in the next couple of days! 

5 comments:

Emilee said...

Poor little guy, it is much worse than I even imagined!!! Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day (for both of you)

Debra Goodey said...

Oh my, that poor little guy. I hope he gets back to normal soon. Those pesky mosquitoes.

Stacy said...

Stupid Bugs! And poor guy! I hope the swelling goes down soon!!

Kris and Nat said...

I am just as allergic to mosquitoes. It sucks it has to happen to little people. Hope it goes down soon.

Angela said...

Holy Moly! And we are moving over there where bugs eat you alive? Yeah, we aren't going to handle this well. Poor Isaac!