When we got home from Kangaroo Zoo, we were shocked the boys didn't fall asleep! They were still ready to play. Then Isaac asked me, "mom, do I get presents?" Of course! So here is Isaac opening his presents:


He got a Lightning Mcqueen water-bottle, his new favorite thing to drink from. He carts it with him wherever he goes. I needed a good one (and yes mom it's made from stainless steel) but it has a flip top straw which I have loved and he stops to take a drink once in a while!

Isaac loves cards, especially one that sings. I just so happened to find a happy birthday one singing his favorite song, The Itsy Bitsy Spider! It was a big hit. Daddy gave him a hat, he got a shirt, and some little things for his room to make it a bit more "sporty."

And now for the big present.... drum roll please.....

A new shiney red bike!!!! (With a little bell, ding!)

Isaac loved it and has been great at riding it. I didn't even think about that we had to "teach" him to ride it... at least the slowing down part. I made the mistake of letting him jump on at the top of our driveway and he went flying down! Oops. He got right back on though. We have a lot of hills where we live, but he's caught on really well with a little bit of practice. And he's now a pro at slowing down the hills instead of flying down them. We are still working on getting up the really big hills on our way to the mailbox. (I think he could do it, but he gets lazy and has me give him a push... I noticed last time he didn't even try to petal! What a stinker.)

Zander brought his bike over so they could play together for a while. We took the boys to the church to have them practice riding their bikes.

I was really excited to watch Isaac get the hang of it. He was slow at first but now I have a hard time keep up with him, he's so zippy!

Two Tough Bike Riders!

We came in for some birthday cupcakes. I got off really easy this year!!! Last year I made Pablo from the Backyardigans. As his birthday got closer he was thinking maybe it would be fun to have a Tigger cake... here we go again, another long day of icing... but then he changed his mind and his little sports side came out. He told me, "I want a round cake that is a baseball." Hooray! That's totally do-able! I made little baseball cupcakes for the boys and any other little friends that came over to see Isaac. Then for later that night I made a BIG baseball cake. They were pretty yummy - carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, mmm!

Before Zander went home they played with the bubble gun and some friends in the neighborhood that came over. We discovered Koda tried to eat every bubble that blew into her cage!

I have to admit it was really funny watching her try to eat them. All the boys found it very amusing! It was a really fun and long day. I didn't realize at the time, but from being on the black top at the church, I got fried! Luckily the boys didn't. We got all cleaned up and off to celebrate Isaac's birthday as well as 3 other May birthday's (Brandon, Squiggle, & me) on Brett's side of the family. (Part 3, the final party!)
No comments:
Post a Comment