Isaac's birthday was on May 9th. He has been so excited about his birthday. He would talk about it daily and tell me in detail of what was going to happen. He seriously has had high expectations for a 3 year old. I thought it was so fun how excited he was, I wanted to make sure he had a good time!

In the morning he was so happy that Brett and I sang to him and shouted, "Happy Birthday!" (He had been telling us that would happen.) And he loves that he's "big" now and can show us 3 fingers instead of 2.

He loved that there were balloons everywhere when he woke up. (Also something I was told would be there on his birthday.) He went from room to room carrying these balloons around with him.

Something he wasn't expecting was his birthday sign. It was really cute to watch his little face light up when he saw it. He knew exactly what it said and kept saying, "It says Happy Birthday Isaac!" He had to touch every balloon letter and tell me the color. He also recognizes quite a few letters, so he would touch them and tell us, "I is for Isaac, B is for Brett, A is for Ashley, and R is for Rachel." (He was a little bothered he couldn't find "Z for Zander" in the birthday sign.) Between the balloons and decorations we didn't have time to give him any presents to open because we had to get going. He didn't even know the difference, he was too excited about the decor!

We told Isaac he could invite one friend to his birthday and we would take them to the "bouncy house" as Isaac calls it, also known as Kangaroo Zoo! He chose his cousin Zander, who he adores and loves to play with often. They get along great together.

Zander couldn't wait for Isaac to open his present and Isaac was more then willing to do so. Zan gave him a bubble gun blower... with a touch of a button, it blows so many bubbles at once! It's very fun! Thanks Zan, Isaac loves it!
Kangaroo Zoo

We got to Kangaroo Zoo right as it opened, hoping to avoid a lot of people. For a Saturday morning I was surprised, it wasn't very crowded and the kids had plenty of room to bounce and run! I had been very nervous of how Isaac would do climbing up these giant, moving, slides... I still think of him as very little. BOY DID HE PROVE ME WRONG! He did awesome! The boy has no fear and conquered climbing up everyone of these giant blow-up slides, no problem!

They got this new baseball blower since I had last been there. The boys LOVED it!!! The air blew the ball up and balanced it in the air and then they could hit it into the cage. It was very cool!

Isaac winding up...

Zan ready to smack the ball...
They couldn't walk past this without getting in line to have their turn, the loved it!
Another thing they loved that blew my mind was the tallest slide there! I for sure thought Isaac wouldn't be-able to climb it, or want to for that matter... nope, he didn't even need me! I was grateful Zan was a little scared at first so I could help him.

It really is a tall climb for these little guys! But they climbed it in a hurry!

And down they flew, eager to do it again!!!

I may have gone down a few times myself, I have always loved this giant slide!

The boys played and ran non-stop for a couple of hours. It was a blast! They finally started wearing down and were ready for lunch. We took them to Wendy's were they ate a ton and were silly as ever together. Then we went home for cupcakes and presents. (Part 2!)
2 comments:
This is a really cute blog. I found in on your info page on facebook. Isaac is so cute. Looks like he had great birthday fun! I can't wait to see your post after your sonogram. I hope you don't mind that I added this blog to my favorite blogs so I can check it easily.
So fun! I love how happy birthdays make kids!!
Post a Comment