Sunday, May 31, 2009

24 Hours

My son is three and a couple of weeks ago, Brett and I finally left him over night for the first time. I know, how is that possible? Well, sometimes it just seemed easier to take him with us. Once he even came with us on a fun get-away to Park City for our Anniversary. He was in heaven! Brett and I laughed because he explored every inch of our hotel room. He loved pulling out all the tissues that were in the dispenser (they shouldn't put those so low) and adored eating room service. He couldn't believe I let him eat on a big bed. Anyways, this was not one of those times and we knew he would be miserable on our quick trip to St. George... 8 hours in the car, didn't sound like fun for anyone.

My darling grandparents who live in St. George, made the decision to move into a new place with some assistance. It's such a nice place and the people there are really nice. I get such a kick out of my grandparents. As I was walking down the hall, some other tenants had their doors open. Inside I could see the rose colored sheets and flowered bed spreads but I knew the minute I got to my grandma's room because her and gramp have lime green bedspreads, brightly colored and very contemporary pictures hung on the wall, and of course my all time favorite, the bright red leather couch! She is no ordinary grandma, I just love her style!!! She even got to bring her bright red washer and dryer there... I'm sure it has spiced up the place!

Unfortunately, they couldn't bring all of their furniture, so I was lucky enough to bring home the other red leather couch. It is so fun to have and it makes me smile every-time I walk into my living room. Not only does it remind me of my grandma, but I have many memories sitting with her on these couches chatting away while I was in college, when I was first married, and after I had my first baby. (I will post pictures soon when I get my room put together!!)

So we went for a quick trip to pick up the couch and spend some time with my grandparents. I will be seeing them again in a couple of weeks and I can't wait! I love and admire these two people and they hold a very special place in my heart. 

Ashley and Grandpa Sealy
My gramp is more emotional these days and I know some of it is because he can't remember everything he would like to. I can't seem to be around him without him making me cry either. It's hard to say  goodbye to him so I can't wait to get back and see him again.

Grandma Sealy and Ashley
I don't know what I would do without my cute grandma. She is so amazing and teaches me so much when I am with her. She knows how to have fun and live life to the fullest! I hope I can be half as amazing as she is one day. 

Isaac and Grandpa LaMonte eating Grandma's yummy pancakes!

It was a quick trip, but driving for me seems like a long time. Being pregnant, I made Brett stop more then what he would have liked. (I think it was only once!) He reminded me how quick this trip used to be, but I never had to drive it when I was prego with Isaac. Brett kept trying to push the limit, I think he purposely passed by exits just so we could drive longer! Isaac was in good hands and I realized he didn't miss me much. He stayed with Grandma Nancy and Grandpa LaMonte and had the time of his life. When we called him the next morning he was eating pancakes, playing outside in the water, and didn't have a lot of time to talk... he was busy! It's kind-of sad he didn't miss me, but at the same time I'm glad he was fine and knew I was coming back for him. And I'm really glad he was good for his grandparents and slept through the night! Thanks you guys!

Mommy and Isaac
When I got home Isaac was so excited to run and give me a flower. Nancy and him had been planting flowers and Isaac told her, "I need a flower for my mom! She likes pink." Nancy said he cared for it and held it in the car until he could give it to me. I thought that was very sweet! 
As quick of a trip it was, I must say it was nice to spend so much time with Brett just chatting with him like we used to. Now that I know I am fine and so is Isaac, maybe we will have to do this one more time before the baby is born. 

1 comment:

Brandon Dansie said...

We won't complain if you take more "drives" to St George. We keep telling you it really isn't that bad.