Sunday, April 19, 2009

Here Comes Peter Cottontail!

Easter Sunday was a very fun day. We started by going to church at 9 am. Here is Isaac in his cute Easter clothes. I think he's so handsome in this shirt! I had told him to get one toy to take to church, he came out with a ball... umm, some how I think brining a big bouncy ball to church would be frowned upon. After a quick picture, I made him choose something a bit smaller. 

When he got home he couldn't wait to see if the Easter Bunny came. He did and Isaac was thrilled! He got this silly singing bird that the Easter Bunny thought would be so much fun for him. He loved it, Brett however was really annoyed with the song half way to Grandma's house later that day! 

The Easter Bunny tried not to bring too much candy but he should of re-thought how many jelly beans to put in one egg!

And the reason why we don't put too much candy in is because Isaac is like his mother... one piece of chocolate and we are both thrilled!!! 

mmm, chocolate!

In the car, Isaac has a constant battle with the "skun" getting in his eyes. We have already gone through one pair of sun glasses this year (which wasn't his fault, the screw fell out) so he felt very "cool" to have a new pair! 

One thing Isaac has been wanting for the past 6 months are squirt guns. So, I put two in his basket and two in Brett's. Now remember, I grew up with one brother so I should have known... but I mostly palled around with my 4 sisters, so I couldn't imagine things would get out of hand so fast. 

Seconds after Isaac got his squirt gun he ran into the bathroom and filled them up! So did Brett.

A water fight broke out in our house! I was going to stop it but it was pretty funny to watch Isaac soak Brett. I should have stopped it, cause they came after me next. Brett was ruthless! 

We now have a rule, squirt guns are an outside toy!

Brett requested sunglasses as well. He bought a pair on our honeymoon that looked like "Top Gun" glasses. He loved them! I however thought they were goofy but they made him happy. Sadly, one day they flew out the window as we were driving down the road. Let me clarify, I didn't throw them out... they honestly just blew out the window and we couldn't find them again. So you can imagine how excited Brett was to find some as equally cool. 

I of course got a Kitchen Fairy to add to my collection! I thought it would be the Easter one, but when an Easter Bunny goes shopping 4 hours before midnight... it's shocking really to imagine all the Easter ones are gone! But Isaac told me he picked this one out. She's the waffle fairy with cherries and whip cream. I love all the breakfasts food fairies and she's my first one! I love her! 

We had a fabulous morning and couldn't wait to go to my parents house for more Easter fun with the grandkids! 

2 comments:

Lyme Girl said...

I didn't realize how old Isaac was getting until I looked at him all dressed up in his Sunday best. So handsome.

Amber said...

Cute!