Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hop On Over to the Easter Party!

Sunday afternoon we went to my parents house for the remainder of our Easter festivities. I'm sure I have said it before, my oldest nephew Cayden is loved by all of the grandkids. He is the sweetest boy you will ever meet! When Isaac and Zander are around him they follow him like a puppy dog and Cayden is so sweet to humor them and play by their side. 

Isaac and Zander hugging Cayden

Before we got started, Cayden kept these two entertained by racing cars. 

What would an Easter Egg hunt be without putting buckets on our head? Adults included... that's my brother-in-law, Casey in the background with a bucket on his head as well. 

Isaac ran around the entire back and front yard looking for yellow eggs. He squealed just as he did the day before every time he found an egg! It was such a nice day for a hunt, so sunny!!! 

I tried to a picture of Isaac posing with all of his eggs. My brother, Cord saw me doing this and watched Isaac say "cheeeessse" for me a million times. He laughed and said, "It looks like Isaac is a trained model!" It's true. I take a million pictures and end up using the first one because all the others he looses interest in me snapping his picture but he will continue to say cheese while he looks around. 

Some of my cute nieces looking for eggs: Maddy, Hannah, and Acacia

All the grandkids after the Easter Egg Hunt!
L-R Back: Hannah, Josh, Cayden, Maddy, Acacia,
Front: Isaac, Eliza, and Zander

The eggs were filled with so many little toys, coupons for books, play-dough etc... (and the best part, no candy!) it was so much fun and the kids had a ball opening all of their little eggs! 

I had to add this picture, it makes me laugh thinking of the story that goes with it. My sister Rachel kept saying she put lame things in her eggs. (She didn't, they were fun!) One of them was an eraser. When Isaac opened it he screamed cause it was in the shape of a chick, he thought it was great and he was thrilled! So to show Rach how much he loved it I said, "hold up your eraser!" He put it down and grabbed what he thought I said, "a racer" that Aunt Lizzy gave him. It was a little car that you pushed a button and it shot out across the ground. He was so excited to pose with it! Of course that didn't help Rachel fill better about her "eraser" but it sure was funny!

It was such a nice day, my sister Aleesha brought some bubbles and chalk for the kids to play outside with. They were outside for hours! It was way past dark and we still couldn't get them to come inside! 

Here is Acacia and her beautiful art work! I should have gotten a picture of my sister Kenzi's artwork. She too was out drawing. (Probably more then the kids!)

The kids had ice-cream cones after dinner and the Easter activities. They too were a big hit. They went outside to eat them and continued playing. When I got Isaac back he looked like this...

AAAHHHH! My mom says, "That's how you know they had fun!"

2 comments:

Lyme Girl said...

You are so right Ashley. The ice cream faced picture is the winner! I haven't seen one as funny since the pumpkin patch smile. Please email that one and the one of all the kids together.

Jeana & Jonathan said...

Sounds and looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I loved the last pix of Issac and the ice cream... he looks like a littl French man with his mustache and all. It's cute!!