We finally have Nancy back from Brazil to celebrate her birthday in person! We had a nice family dinner earlier this week to celebrate hers, grandma's, and her brother's birthday. Then on Sunday we had our extended family home evening and had cake and ice-cream for her birthday.
Nancy, Squiggle and the cake on flames!
I have to laugh at my sweet husband. We had forgotten candles and most people would probably just sing without them but Brett thought his mother needed something to blow out. So he used the next best thing, MATCHES! Emilee and I would only let him put on 5 in fear he would burn down our house! I just love how simple things are for Brett. Once for Mother's Day I put him in charge of a card for his mom. He came back with a flowered card that we already had, scribbled out the message inside, (I think it was a get well card?) and wrote over it, Happy Mother's Day! He wouldn't let me get a new one after he went to all that effort and wrote a message inside. His mom kept it because she says, "it's so Brett" and makes her laugh. He's good at improvising I guess! And tries to teach me his principle, "use what I have!" (I haven't totally converted to his method yet!)
Grandma Nancy and most of the grandkids!
(We missed you Breah!)
No comments:
Post a Comment