Isaac's Opinionated when it comes to his HAIR!
We cut Isaac's hair short awhile ago, just to manage it a bit better. Isaac has continued to inform me that he prefers it "big" and not "tiny"... translation: he likes his hair long. So after church yesterday we were talking about a friend Isaac was sitting next to in Nursery who has curly hair. Isaac said, "I don't have curly hair." I said, "Nope! You have straight hair." He crinkled his eyebrows and quickly said, "No!!! I have SPIKEY HAIR!!" Fine! I give up. I guess we will grow his hair out "big" again and deal with the crying when we wash his hair!
Isaac's new phrase: "What's shakin' bacon?" I'm not sure where he learned it!
Daddy and Isaac are Two Peas in a Pod
Brett and Isaac have such a cute relationship. There is something so fun about watching a father and son be together. They are ALWAYS crazy and loud when they play together and I know they both love every minute of it. A few of my favorite things I like to watch them do together are: 1. Scooting through the house. They even have a garage where they "park" the scooter and a bus stop to be picked up at. 2. Playing sports 3. Mowing the lawn 4. Playing cowboys and 5. Taking Koda for walks. Isaac bundles up every night just so he can go spend time with dad and Koda in the freezing cold. They are two peas in a pod and Isaac does EVERYTHING his dad does.
Isaac has started calling his dad, "Brett."
Before Brett left for work one morning Isaac asked him, "Dad, where are you going?" Brett said, "to work to make money." Isaac accepted that. When Brett got home Isaac asked, "Did you make monies dad?" Brett smiled and said, "yes." Isaac smiled even bigger and said, "Can I SEE the monies???" Oh, he loves money like his mother!
Isaac wants to go to work with Brett SO BAD every morning. The other day he was running around the house "getting ready" and before Brett walked out the door I heard Isaac yelling, "BYE MOM!!!" I asked him where he was going and he said, "to work with dad!" I wish I would have gotten a picture. He was wearing a PJ top, underwear, and snow boots. He was also carrying a little Dr. kit. It was heartbreaking trying to explain to him WHY he couldn't go. Brett even tried to tell him how boring work was and there were no toys there. We learned not to underestimate Isaac, he had that covered! He lifted up his Dr. kit and said, "Don't worry! I have toys!" He still didn't get to go but Brett says one day he is going to take him.
"Could I BE Wearing Any More Clothes?"
I know I always post pictures of Isaac in his underwear but this time I couldn't help it. I told him to get dressed and I guess he had a hard time deciding which underwear he wanted to wear for the day... so many choices for him: Cars, Diego, Mickey Mouse, Thomas the Train?? I noticed he was having a hard time walking.... I guess he decided 8 pairs of underwear is better then 1!!!! It's all about the layers!
A Balanced Breakfast: According to Isaac
He actually has become very self sufficient most mornings. He knows how to climb up the barstools and counter to get his bowl (much to my dismay) then he sets it on the floor. He then climbs to get his cereal and I frequently catch him squatting over his bowl pouring himself his own cereal! Then all he needs is the milk. I really hope one day he doesn't try that without me!
My Own, Personal, HANDY MANNY!!!
Isaac works around the clock... anytime I need something fixed, he's there! He loves working in my bathroom, drilling away at the faucet and fixing the hinges on the cabinets.
"I Want to Hold Baby Adie Again Mom!"
Ashley's Childhood - Relived!!!
Growing up two of my favorite things were: The movie, Banjo the Woodpile Cat and the CD, Lullaby Magic. I would watch this movie over and over again until everyone would complain, "no not again!" As far as the CD goes, I would fall asleep listening to it every night.

When I was pregnant with Isaac my mom remembered me saying that one day I would want my kids to watch this movie too. At the time, you couldn't buy it on DVD so she had it transfered from our VHS to a DVD. Isaac is now at the age where he loves his "quiet time" which usually consists of watching a movie. Banjo isn't too long and he LOVES it!

This past Christmas her and my dad came across my old lullaby tape. She searched everywhere on the internet to buy it, but couldn't find it. It's Ironic because I recently found it online! Anyways, she gave me and all of my siblings a copy of it. It was a family favorite! (But I'm still claiming it as my tape growing up.)
These two things are treasures to me. I guess you could say, it "warms my heart" as I see my son watching and listening to the same things I did when I was little. It's actually pretty fun for me to relive it all after so many years.
"I Can Take a Picture Too mom!"
No comments:
Post a Comment