Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentines Day 2009!

We hope everyone had a fun Valentines Day! As pretty as flowers are, my husband knows me well and brought me home the new 2009 Valentine Kitchen Fairy. As much as I don't want to admit it, I am running out of room in my China cabinet... I might have to pack up the China!!! Or, get a cabinet. 

We had a fun day. Nancy was so sweet and took Isaac for us while we went to a matinee and saw New in Town. We BOTH liked it and thought it was pretty funny. The people in the little town are so funny. And, I think Harry Connick, Jr. is adorable! I don't care what critics say, we loved it! 

We had a nice dinner at home, with Isaac. I had sprinkled Hershey Kisses across the table for part of the decor.... bad idea when a two year old is joining you!!! He also dumped over his glass of sparking cider. I must say, he made the evening interesting! I made Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad for dinner. It's so yummy!!! The chicken is to die for, even Isaac ate it! Then I had made our traditional Cheesecake. I love cherries and Brett prefers raspberries... so this year we compromised and had blackberries and they were so good on it! It was a really fun night. 

Grandma Nancy and Isaac opening a present for Valentines. 

Isaac was still confused on why he got a present for Valentines, but he wasn't going to argue! He got cute cards, pencils, and books from family and friends and the game, Lucky Ducks from us.  He also made his own little valentines and had fun handing them out. Happy Valentines Day!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Pecan chicken sounds soooo good. Your little boy is so cute!
I really want to see that "New in Town." So I'm glad to hear that you liked it. I could always go for a good chick flick! I too love Harry Connick, JR!!

Lonnie and Lindsay Fox said...

Your little boys is so stinkin cute. They just get more fun by the day! I have a favor to ask of you. We are trying to get bids on building a new home (we are trying to move in closer to civilization) and we really want to get a wood floor bid from your dads company. Can you email me his or Dons number so we can get a bid from them!
Thanks so much
lindsay@freehomeloan.com

Liz, Casey, Acacia and Josh said...

Cute Kitchen Fairy, you should have your boy send my boy a link to his dealer!