Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Love to see the Temple!

A couple of weeks ago Isaac and I went to the Draper Temple open house.  Brett was at work and is going later with the YM in are ward, so we went with Nancy, LaMonte, Shaylah, Breah, Emilee, and her three kids. Isaac was excited, but mostly because he got to ride on a bus! He is constantly talking about school and getting on a bus... so I think FINALLY riding on a bus got him off his "wanting to ride a bus" kick. Although, he loved it so much I'm sure it will come up again! 
  
Isaac on the bus... enjoying every minute of it. And the best part, no seat belt! He was thrilled. 

It was a smaller temple then I thought it would be, but it was just as gorgeous as all temples are! Isaac did really well considering the drive up there, the 20 minute video, the bus ride, and a walk through the Temple. He LOVED the baptismal font. We walked right by the water and if it wasn't for the lady who was "guarding" the font and for me being barley quick enough... I think Isaac would have jumped in to go swimming!  

When we got to the end of the tour, we were brought into the sealing room where it was nice and quiet. Isaac really wanted to walk into the middle of the room. You couldn't because there was no walking path in the middle, just the pretty carpet. So me being the mean mom I am, I wouldn't let him. It was lunch time and he was starving. He started looking for food in my purse and was really annoyed with me that I wouldn't let him eat in the Temple. That's when Isaac decided he had had ENOUGH! He fell to pieces as the little old man was explaining what a nice quiet place it was. Isaac was screaming and crying on the ground holding onto the stroller. It took me and Nancy to pry him off and Shaylah to hold onto the stroller for me to take him out into the hall. There was the sweetest little lady who walked over and told Isaac that if he could just waited a minute longer, he would get a cookie. COOKIE?? Finally! Someone who spoke Isaac's language! Isaac was much happier and was content until we were able to get a cookie. In-spite of the end of the tour, I really think Isaac enjoyed being at the temple. He loved all the pictures of Jesus. I did too, the were gorgeous! 

L - R: Shaylah, Breah, Isaac, Ashley, LaMonte, Nancy, Emilee, Squiggle, Lulu, & Buddy

Isaac wasn't shy about picking a cookie or two to eat. He even snuck back and got two more. I made him share with Breah! They also were handing out the mini water-bottles... that was a BIG hit with all of the kids. Then we left for another fun bus ride and a nice nap on the way home. We had a wonderful time. If you haven't gotten to go yet, do!!! It's so beautiful! 

1 comment:

Amber said...

What a fun experience for the kids. I like your new glasses by the way!